Glory 9/25 Flying in from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Anyone done it?

GreggV

We are booked on the Glory for 9/25. We are scheduled to fly in from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Anyone out there travelled from Pittsburgh. What time was the flight and how far is Port Canaveral from Olrando?

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]While I no longer live in Pittsburgh, my parents and brother still do. They have made the flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando several times and it’s approximately a two hours and ten minute flight. I do the flight from Atlanta to Pittsburgh quite often as well and it’s done in about an hour and forty five minutes. If you’re taking US Air, which I would imagine you are, there are several flights that leave from Pittsburgh. (After checking the US Air web site, I see three, and two would “get you to the church on time”.)

Directions from Orlando International Airport
This airport is located approximately 45 minutes west of Port Canaveral. Take the North Exit from the Airport, staying to the right, to S.R. 528 (Beeline Expressway) East. Take S.R. 528 directly to Port Canaveral. Follow directions to Terminal 10 when you get there.

My wife and I will be on the Glory in February. We have two scheduled. The important thing is that they are scheduled just before the Steelers season opener, and just after the Super Bowl. I may be here in Atlanta, but my Black and Gold runs thick through my veins! ;)

BTW: You may be able to catch the Miami/Pittsburgh game in the sports bar that Sunday. (9/26)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] :rolleyes:

GO STEELERS! Go GLORY!

Thanks. We are crusing ont he Glory 9/25 as I mentioned. We booked air through Carnival so I am not sure who we are flying on yet. Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

What part of Pittsburgh did you live in?

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Grew up in the North Hills, went to North Allegheny, then my Junior year, moved to the South Hills and graduated from what I call "Up Your St. Clair". Lived on Mt. Washington for a while while working with WPEZ some years ago, B-94.
Moved down here to Atlanta back in '92 and married myself a Georgia Peach. Best move I ever made! :p
Use to watch the Steelers games at one of many sports bars down here, then when the kids came along I got NFL Sunday Ticket. I TiVo anything Steelers and my 2 year old daughter gets a Steelers Chearleader outfit every year, and my 1 year old son has a Joey Porter jersey. :D
I'll think about you while watching the Miami game. I've got two cruises scheduled before and after the football season. A Fantasy weekend getaway in September, and then a Valentines week cruise on the Glory right after the Super Bowl. Nothing gets in the way of my Steelers football season, not even cruising.
You can take the boy out of Steelers Country, but you can't take Steelers Country out of the boy! ;)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Cool!

B94 just folded up. Howard Stern is now going to be the new morning show and the station will now be 93.7 KROCK!

I am a Steelers fan too! In the 70's when I was growing up we had a Steeler living in the neighborhood, Larry Brown. He was an OT. During the 79 year I went up and knocked on his door to introduce myself since my sister did some babysitting for him. He asked me if I liked the team and you know a few days later he pulled up in my driveway with an official Steeler jersey with his number, my last name sewn on the back. It was awesome! I still have it and pull it out every season! He later took me to their work out gym in the stadium and a few other places. I got to meet all the old classics. What a memory! So yes I know how you feel about the Black n Gold!

I grew up in Rosslyn Farms and now I am in South Fayette. I am doing the Glory 9/25 for our honeymoon! I can't wait! It just seems like right now time is ticking by so slowly!

steeler fans are everywere. they all seem very friendly when we travel. we were at the open market in progresso when a vender saw my hat and said he was a steeler fan. i was a little suspicious of that until he showed me the steeler logo tatoo on his arm!! we are going on the glory oct 2 and are looking forward to it.

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I thought I heard that about B-94.

I know where South Fayette is. We have a couple of Steelers living down here in Atlanta. Just did Hines Wards house about a year ago with some awesome home automation. REALLY NICE guy. Gregg Loydd, Norm Johnson, are some others I know that still live here.

Enjoy your honeymoon. I have to warn you however, DW and I came back pregnant on our last two cruises! :D Someone should have told me how that happens BEFORE we went.

I can't think of a better honeymoon.

Black and Gold Forevever![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Pittsburgh born and raised and maybe die here in 100 years or so, if the goverment don't Take all. Live out around Monroeville. Go Steelers!!!
We went on that ship last Oct with a small group of 96. Had a Great time. The Guy in the Piano Bar is a Hoot ( little rough as the nite goes on). Most of our group went out on the 9am flight. A Couple took a bump to a later flight and went first class. If we had not be group leader we would have done it in a Pittsburgh minute. Belize the tubing is great, Diving was marginal cause you can't get to the good diving from the ship. Cozumel, Well that speakes for it's self. Just don't forget to return. Progresso the ruins are nice. If you are going to the beach, just take the free bus to town and walk 2 blocks, it will say $25 per person.

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]LOL! I'm sure you'll have a great time. Just talk to your mother before going on the cruise about the preganancy thing. :eek:

If you're like my wife and I, you'll be taken a cruise every chance you get. It's the best vacation money can buy. Especially if you DON'T come home preganant.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Archived