Mothers & Daughters Cruise

linsue1231

Hi all,

My daughter (22) and I wanted to spend some quality/bonding time together so we decided to take a cruise....I mentioned this to a friend and she also wants to go and bring her daughter as a graduation gift. Another girlfriend found out and now she as well as her daughter wants to go.....So this made me think of maybe others would like to go on this type of cruise. I dont think it has to be just mother and daughters, all women....sisters, best friends....grandmothers.

Maybe a better name would be a Womens cruise....

I am trying to see if anyone esle is interested in a Mother & Daughters/Womens Cruise. We can see if we can make it a group cruise.

If anyone is interested please let me know. Want to see how many would be interested in this type of cruise. We are looking at 5/5/07 on the Dawn, leaving out of NYC....but this is not set in stone yet, we are still looking at different cruises.

I already have a few activities in mind.

Linda

Hey Linda! I would love to do something like this with my mom. I am 27 and she is 61. We keep talking about going on a cruise together and I think if there were something like this going on it would make the decision for us. Especially if we plan things around Mother/Daughter bonding. :D

Let me know what you come up with.

S-

TravelKeys,

Well thats great...just know this would not be until next year sometime, and the cruise for the 5th of May seems to have disappeared/soldout/canceled? I have to take a poll, which I tried and someone deleted my post....I think I forgot to mention it would be a CC group thing....I sent an email to Laura, who is on vacation but she replied back to me.

Maybe you know some other people wanting to take this type of cruise...spread the word girl...spread the word. I will let you know, once I find out which board I will repost this poll at. So maybe you can help keep it active so it wont get lost on the bottom...lol:eek:

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

:) My sister and I cruised this past June on Rhapsody. It was her 1st and my 9th cruise. We had great time.! All of my other cruises have been with mu DH and/or our family of 4 (2 sons). So, it was a nice change to go with just the girls.

I would be interested but am llimited as I work as a Diagnstician for the school district. Only off 6 weeks in summer, other times are usually not an option. Keep the thread going !!!!

Sounds great !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed this too, I booked a cruise with my daughter next March.

I wonder if we could get things together if we look way out into the future. Like spring/fall '08 maybe? Would that give everyone plenty of time?

• 3 months later...

This is my first time responding to these threads, but I've done the daughter/mom cruise several times and we've even jumped generations,

not that I want to do that again. But My sister and our girls (ranging from

18 to 35) would be interested. My restrictions are that my girls will be

in college during the sept. - may school year. Also cruising in March and

again in July.

Diane:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

We had the same idea in mind... I am giving my daughter Feb 24, 2008 Elation out of San Diego cruise for her graduation present. We found the best price for this date. I mentioned this to my co workers and now we have over 16 cabins booked so far!

Cinderose

This is a great idea! It would be great for my mom, sis and I to go. Even my niece. A couple of years ago my mom went w/her sisters and their mom and had a GREAT time. Keep this thread going!!

/christine

It doesn't take much ... just find a ship and sail date that you like and work with a TA to block the group space ... we have a Girls' Getaway Weekend scheduled for the Majesty of the Seas out of Miami in January 2008.

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Anyone still interested in doing a Mothers & Daughters, Sisters, Aunts, Grandmother, Girlfriend Cruise? Let me know who is interested....when would a good time would be ( school and all for some). If we can get enough people together for some time in 2008 or 2009 it would be a blast...

Come on ladies lets do it.....:p

Linda

Hey all,

Anyone still interested in doing a Mothers & Daughters, Sisters, Aunts, Grandmother, Girlfriend Cruise? Let me know who is interested....when would a good time would be ( school and all for some). If we can get enough people together for some time in 2008 or 2009 it would be a blast...

Come on ladies lets do it.....:p

Linda

I'm trying to talk my sister into going on a cruise next May or June (hopefully) out of NY. If she can't go, I may do it by myself. Don't know if that counts, but I'll keep track of this thread just in case. I think an all girls' cruise would be a blast. Good luck with the planning.

I'm trying to talk my sister into going on a cruise next May or June (hopefully) out of NY. If she can't go, I may do it by myself. Don't know if that counts, but I'll keep track of this thread just in case. I think an all girls' cruise would be a blast. Good luck with the planning.

Well I hope you can talk her into it....and if not you can be my

honorary sister from The BK...:D I would also like to leave from NYC...so speard the word to all your friends and family of the female gender..:)

Linda

Well I hope you can talk her into it....and if not you can be my

honorary sister from The BK...:D I would also like to leave from NYC...so speard the word to all your friends and family of the female gender..:)

Linda

I definitely will spread the word. We NY girls have to stick together. LOL.

Practically guaranteed to be... ;)

Hope you will think about joining us.....Spread the word Ladies..:D

We get a few more people who want to do this, I will do all the work to get it together....and oh boy I have some plans to make sure we have a blast.

Linda

Hope you will think about joining us.....Spread the word Ladies..:D

We get a few more people who want to do this, I will do all the work to get it together....and oh boy I have some plans to make sure we have a blast.

Linda

Will definitely if I can ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please keep me informed - I have a soon to be 18 year old daughter and I would love to do this with her before she is out on her own ....

nmtoolwoman@yahoo.com.....

Have sent you an email.....please keep an eye on the boards...I am looking into setting one up for next year. Its not only for daughters, but all female genders...cousins, aunts, grandmas, sisters, girlfriends....

• 2 months later...

There is a cruise that looks really great at Premier Christian Cruises. I have been wanting to take my daughter but the dates haven't worked out. The next one isn't until spring 2009 looks like. They usually have great speakers, I believe Natalie Grant has been on it in the past along with some others, scrapbooking, all kinds of "girl stuff". Just a thought for some of you that may be interested..

Archived