cozymel excursion ideas

chefj

Hello,

My husband and I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess Oct 21. We would like any input on excursions for the western itinerary. We have Ochos Rios booked and pretty sure about Grand Cayman, but still trying to figure out Cozymel. Should we use the cruise line to book excursions? I have been on a cruise before,but my mother in law booked everything.

Thanks for the help, Jen:)

Hello,

My husband and I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess Oct 21. We would like any input on excursions for the western itinerary. We have Ochos Rios booked and pretty sure about Grand Cayman, but still trying to figure out Cozymel. Should we use the cruise line to book excursions? I have been on a cruise before,but my mother in law booked everything.

Thanks for the help, Jen:)

In Cozumal, we booked a snorkel tour to Palancar reef.....awesome. Booked through Princess.

I recommend the shore excursion to the Mayan ruins at Tulum. We thought it was very worthwhile, as we had never seen this kind of temple before. We were not on Princess that time, but I'm sure they use the same trip operator.

It consisted of a ferry boat ride to the mainland, a bus to Tulum (with a pit stop on the way), a tour of the ruins, and then free time to walk around and maybe take a quick swim at the adjacent beach. The bus ride back included a box lunch from Subway that was actually pretty good! We did this in July when it was very, very warm. October should be a lot more comfortable!

We second Paradise Beach!! They have a snorkel excursion from there if you are interested - check it out on their website and the ports of call fourm. I would recommend you get there early - 9 - so you can have your choice of chairs because it does get very busy!

Jen, just welcomed you on our roll call thread! Cozumel is beautiful and I have never done a ship excursion there..We will be doing Paridise Beach again, my favorite place!

What are you doing in Ocho and Grand Cayman? Talk to you on the thread..welcome aboard again!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Princess cruising! Cozumel is an interesting port with souvenir shopping, fun beaches and snorkeling, and the possibility of seeing Mayan ruins. I love going there and will be very happy when they finish rebuilding the piers so we can dock there again.

I would suggest you check out the PORT OF CALL board for Cozumel. There are always lots of interesting tips.

If you want to do Mayan ruins at Tulum be aware it is very hot there. Its a great trip but hot. It can have lots of bugs at certain times of the year. A small and different ruin you could do and still have lots of time to shop or do another tour would be the San Gervasio ruins. They don't take much time but are still interesting. Snorkeling is great at Cozumel and its also a great beach day. Just go and have some fun!

Camperhawk,

We are going on tour through Peat Taylor for Ochos Rios. Dunn's River and Fern Gully. I did this tour 2 years ago and he and his son are great. We have not booked anything in Grand Cayman. We have decided to see the stingrays, but not sure what else. I have cruised the western caribbean before (on Celebrity) and the stingrays are a must in my book. My travel agent gave me a webite for excursions www.shoretrips.com and I found that a few people on the boards used nativeways in Grand Cayman.

I think we are leaning toward the Paradise Beach Cruise offered through Princess. Free drinks and buffet, along with beach time. Talk to you soon, J

Camperhawk,

We are going on tour through Peat Taylor for Ochos Rios. Dunn's River and Fern Gully. I did this tour 2 years ago and he and his son are great. We have not booked anything in Grand Cayman. We have decided to see the stingrays, but not sure what else. I have cruised the western caribbean before (on Celebrity) and the stingrays are a must in my book. My travel agent gave me a webite for excursions www.shoretrips.com and I found that a few people on the boards used nativeways in Grand Cayman.

I think we are leaning toward the Paradise Beach Cruise offered through Princess. Free drinks and buffet, along with beach time. Talk to you soon, J

We have used Native Way to see the stingrays and they do have a good tour, not crowded and you definitely get personal attention. Would definitely recommend them

We also used Peat Taylor and was impressed but then you already know that :) .

I think the tour that you are talking about is not Paradise Beach but Paradise Island . . . I know that they are not the same. If I remember correctly people were not impressed with the Princess tour but please do a search and check it out - I could be wrong.

Archived