Buying Macadamia Nuts

Georgia-boy

I'm just going to talk about chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

If you are buying a small amount, longs drugs is a pretty good place to get them, good price. I don't know about the price at the ubiquitous ABC stores, but it's probably ok there too. Try the dark chocolate covered ones, wow.

If you want to buy big cases of macadamia nuts for lots of gifts, you could stick with longs, or go to wallmart or costco.

Trivia: macadamia nuts are originally from australia. The shells are extremely tough, practically need dynamite to open them.

Yup, you can take The Bus to get there. It is on the route to Hahnama Bay -excuse the spelling... I remember getting off the bus across a 4 lane highway from an Outback Restaurant -you go in the back way and across the parking lot. I'm sure you could find the address in the phone book when you get to Honolulu. Then call TheBus -they are very friendly and helpful-and they can tell you which bus to get on.

Takes a while tho, to get there and back. We usually go in the AM, then have an early lunch and back to Waikiki by 1:00. :D

Archived