Cruising 11/4/06 Triumph advice??

David-n-Rita

Hi,

We are cruising 11/4/06 from Miami to San Juan, St Thomas & St Maarten. :D Any words of wisdom, good shore excursions? We have a balcony room and we have cruised before on the Victory to the Western Carribean. This is our first Eastern Carribean and we know very little about the ports on our upcoming cruise. :confused: Would appreciate any advice, shared experiences.

Thanks,

David-n-Rita:)

Just returned from the Triumph Eastern Caribbean 3 weeks ago. Had a fantastic time. We also had previously sailed on the Victory. The layouts of the ships is identical. We did not do an excursion in San Juan. Since we were only there from 5 - midnight we decided to just walk around and go into shops. We also stopped into Senor Frogs. It is a very lively and fun place. I loved St. Thomas. If you like to snorkel I highly recommend the Barefoot Catamaran and Shipwreck Cove snorkling excursion. We had the best time. They take you on a sail about 45 minutes away from the ship to an island. You go off the boat and they show you the shipwreck and describe all that you are seeing under water. On the sail back to the ship they give you snacks, soda, and a very delightful rum punch. The more you drink the more delightful it is. The crew was great. We also did the Paradise Point tram on St. Thomas. It gives you beautiful views of the Island. The tram station is right across from where the ship docks. If you buy your tickets for the tram on the ship they are slightly discounted and Carnival will refund your money if for some reason you don't actually make it to the tram. On St. Maarten we did the St. Maarten Island Tour and Beach Adventure. Did not really enjoy this excursion. It went around the whole island but most people agreed it was a bit boring though the beach stop was nice. If I went back to St. Maarten I would do a tour that spent more time on the French side of the island which I felt was much nicer. I hope this answers some of your questions. If you have anymore I'd be happy to answer them.

I loved both of my sailings on the Triumph!! AND....BALCONY CABINS are the greatest :)

I also just got off the ship and walked around in San Juan. In St. Thomas I agree that a snorkel excursion is a good choice. I did a catamaran Sail and Snorkel and had the greatest time!! In St. Maarten I really enjoyed going to Little Divi Beach. We booked a morning excursion but stayed the whole day and got a cab back to the port. It was a great beach day!!

Since you have sailed on the Victory you will find the layout of the ship to be exactly the same with the only difference being the actual names of the public rooms and the decor. You should have no problem finding your way around and will probably feel like you have returned "home"!! :D

Enjoy!!

We will board the Triumph on Satuday (3 days!!!!) for the Eastern cruise. I, too, have been searching for information about the ship and itinerary -- also without much success.

I will be sure to write a review on our return -- we are booked for BioBay in San Juan, the Shipwreck snokel tour in St. Thomas and we are striking out on our own in a rental car on St. Maarten!

Archived