Best snorkeling period?

JuJuBe500

I am very interested in snorkeling in St. Thomas/St. John while I am there in October. I have been reading some threads about day sails from companies like Winifred and Interline Sail, and I was curious as to whether anyone had any opinions on where the best place to snorkel for experienced snorkelers was? Either beach or place only reachable by sailboat. I will probably base what I do on where the best snorkeling is, i.e. if the best is to be had by taking a daysail I will gladly do so. Do most of the daysail companies go the same place? I've heard good things about Honeymoon Beach, Sapphire Beach, and various unnamed places around St. John that you'd have to get to by boat. ANy info would be appreciated.:D

Last time we were in St. Thomas (2 years ago) we did the Turtle Cove snorkeling and thoroughly enjoyed that. Don't know if I would call myself an experienced snorkeler but I live 5 min from the beach in FL all my life so you get used to it I suppose. It's a nice catamaran cruise over there too...hope that helps. Have heard great things about St. John but haven't gone yet -considering that for our upcoming trip. Have fun!

We snorkled at Turtle Cove last month, we loved it! The water was very clear, the turtles are huge, they come up to the surface of the water for air so we were about 8 inches from them, great for pics!

Archived