Long Review of Brilliance of the Seas - Med/Greek Isles, July 22 - August 3, 2006

Jstducky-

Thank you so much for an amazing review and pictures. Can you post the email addresses forthe drivers/guides that you used. My family is taking the Voyager of the Seas next June and I am in the process of getting info on drivers/guides for us.

Thanks again.

Thanks you so much for sharing your great trip. Your information will be helpful to many cruisers. Also, I've heard Ibera airlines is the worst for service - your experience highlighted what others say on these boards.

Glad you have a terrific trip:D

travelteam - unfortuantely i learned that too late! i just hope that others don't have to go through what I went through!

10july86 -

Driver in Rome - their website is http://www.driverinrome.com, email address is info@driverinrome.com

Paul at Greek Taxi in Athens - his email address is admin@*****, and his website is http://www.*****

Did you stay at the Hotel Continental Barcelona or the Hotel Continental Palacete?

I think I answered my own question with the rate you paid, but just curious, as we are staying at the Hotel Continental Palalcete next month.

Thank you also for the wonderful review!

Kim

It seems that lost baggage is quite a problem for Barcelona arrivals, regardless of airline.

We were on the June 4th sailing of BOS and our bags were lost by Air France and our friends bags were lost by Continental. Luckily they arrived before sailaway. There were many others picking up bags at the various ports throughout the cruise.

Thanks for the very detailed review. We were on Brilliance for the 6/28-7/10 sailing (Greek Isles). I have been delinquent in writing my review.

In any event, it is a small world after all as we too had Ajit as our head waiter (A- always; J- just; I-in; T time; as he explained). It is a shame you had a new assistant waiter. Ajits prior counterpart, Marvin from Nicaragua, was phenominal. Unfortunately, his last sailing was the one before yours.

Thanks for the very detailed review. We were on Brilliance for the 6/28-7/10 sailing (Greek Isles). I have been delinquent in writing my review.

In any event, it is a small world after all as we too had Ajit as our head waiter (A- always; J- just; I-in; T time; as he explained). It is a shame you had a new assistant waiter. Ajits prior counterpart, Marvin from Nicaragua, was phenominal. Unfortunately, his last sailing was the one before yours.

That's so funny! I never heard him explain his name like that for us. But he was superb. We really liked our assistant waiter too. It turns out that they explained to us that every cruise the waiter/assistant waiter team changes. So they aren't a team that stays together for more than one cruise at a time.

2006_0803Image0373.JPG.a04977d1fa90288887427d3f75ec17fa.JPG

What a wonderful review and marvelous pictures!

Would you share contact information for your guide Lucca?

Thank You,

Cindy

Actually Lucca was arranged through Driver in Rome for us. They charged 120 Euros for a 2 hour private tour with a licensed guide for the Vatican. Since there was 6 of us, it was only 20 Euros per person. Well worth the money we spent. At the end of the tour he didn't expect us to tip him as he was about to run off to meet up with his next tour group. When we ran after him to give him a tip he was extremely grateful.

He is young (and super cute! which was a benefit for the ladies in the group). He's 28 and originally from Venice, but has lived in Rome for 19 years. He's given tours at the Vatican now for 6 years.

If you are interested, you can probably contact Driver In Rome about him.

Since he's so cute, I thought I'd include a picture for you!

2006_0803Image0711.JPG.750e9779faba82724a5a34b0edc5b71b.JPG

Did you stay at the Hotel Continental Barcelona or the Hotel Continental Palacete?

I think I answered my own question with the rate you paid, but just curious, as we are staying at the Hotel Continental Palalcete next month.

Thank you also for the wonderful review!

Kim

It was the Hotel Continental Barcelona. I beleive the Palacete is a few blocks off of Las Ramblas.

Actually Lucca was arranged through Driver in Rome for us. They charged 120 Euros for a 2 hour private tour with a licensed guide for the Vatican. Since there was 6 of us, it was only 20 Euros per person. Well worth the money we spent. At the end of the tour he didn't expect us to tip him as he was about to run off to meet up with his next tour group. When we ran after him to give him a tip he was extremely grateful.

He is young (and super cute! which was a benefit for the ladies in the group). He's 28 and originally from Venice, but has lived in Rome for 19 years. He's given tours at the Vatican now for 6 years.

If you are interested, you can probably contact Driver In Rome about him.

Since he's so cute, I thought I'd include a picture for you!

Thank you so much for the information. And, yes, he is very cute!

One other question, did the 120 Euro include the admission or was that just for his time and knowledge?

Thanks again,

Cindy

Archived