Zui Verandah Angle Deck Cabins

kellanderson

If you're referring to SS,SY,SZ suite category, as far as I can see only SY6108 is a handicapped cabin. If you're referring to the VA-VF cateogries, they all do appear to be handicapped cabins. Only cabins designated with the (*) beside the cabin number are shower only and they seem to be the last 3 aft cabins along the sides of the ship. We are booked in SS8094 because the cabin and balcony are bigger than the other SS cabins. I would guess that it is the same for the V cat. cabins as well.

I think the angled cabin affords you a little more inside space, but the veranda is almost double with a great view if you are looking forward. You do lose out on the bath tub, but you have to make a choice. You must have a nice father if he is taking you on a cruise.:)

Does anyone have any input on the angled deck Verandah cabins? Photos?

Are they all handicapped?

Do they all only have showers?

We stayed in 6108 on the Zuiderdam. It has a tub and shower.

The shower is configured so that when you close the shower curtain, it is on the same side of the toilet. The toilet area gets very wet.

Because it is an HC room, the bathroom is different from the other SS cabins. It does not have a double sink or extra shelf.

My husband is in a wheelchair and we have to book HC cabins so he can access the bathroom, bed. etc.

People in wheelchairs need more space to maneuver.

There are other cabins with the angled deck that are for able-bodied pax.

Since you started another thread on the board, claiming you often get assigned to HC cabins although you are able-bodied, I have to wonder what the motivation is here ...

Perhaps you are choosing HC cabins because of their size?

If so, then remember that a person in a wheelchair needs that space ... you don't.

We stayed in 6108 on the Zuiderdam. It has a tub and shower.

The shower is configured so that when you close the shower curtain, it is on the same side of the toilet. The toilet area gets very wet.

Because it is an HC room, the bathroom is different from the other SS cabins. It does not have a double sink or extra shelf.

My husband is in a wheelchair and we have to book HC cabins so he can access the bathroom, bed. etc.

People in wheelchairs need more space to maneuver.

There are other cabins with the angled deck that are for able-bodied pax.

Since you started another thread on the board, claiming you often get assigned to HC cabins although you are able-bodied, I have to wonder what the motivation is here ...

Perhaps you are choosing HC cabins because of their size?

If so, then remember that a person in a wheelchair needs that space ... you don't.

and remember...if you book a handicapped cabin and are NOT handicapped...you will be bumped out of your cabin to accommodate a handicapped passenger who books after you. and no telling where you will land! I booked a handicapped cabin without knowing it, and fortunately, the HAL reservation person notified me about their policy. I then selected another cabin. I was on a cruise with "guide dogs in training for cruises" and gained a deeper appreciation for people less mobile. It's your choice...but I would recommend selecting a cabin not designated as handicapped.

Actually, HAL does not have a policy to "bump" able-bodied pax from HC cabins.

HAL has a policy of not booking AB pax into HC cabins.

They will do so close to the sailing date, however, as they should.

I spent a good deal of time with one of the hotel managers discussing this issue. DH has also spoken on numerous occasions to the HAL staff reps who deal with disability issues.

All insist that AB pax are not allowed to book the HC cabins.

Archived