There is a difference

hammybee

Without a doubt, the HAL board has the nicest folks around. I have only been on one HAL cruise, the rest were on other ships, and we'll be back on HAL in January. Perhaps everyone here is so nice because cruising with HAL is such a wonderful experience.? Or is HAL a wonderful experience because the people are so nice? Chicken or the egg?

After cruising on CCL, X, and RCCL, DW and I will be taking our first HAL cruise on the Maasdam, out of Norfolk, in October. After joining Cruisecritic in February, and viewing only the HAL boards since booking the Maasdam in May, Here's what I've noticed:

The HAL CCers talk to each other as if you've known each other for years, and been friends since childhood. You make newbies, like myself, feel comfortable and welcome. Thanks for the wealth of info, the interesting opinions, the healthy disagreements, and the general cruise banter. You make me feel like I want to be a member of your club -- which I hope to be this October.

Harvey

In the spirit of this thread, I want to say that checking in here is, for me, an everyday habit. There is a true level of caring throughout. It's an excellent source of information, too, isn't it?

Debby

Archived