Sail n' Sign Cards

mzbiggs

Hi,

Curious to know if I can use separte credit cards for sail n' sign account deposits or will Carnival only accept on credit card for the $400 hold ($200 pp for 7-day cruise)? Thanks in advance!

Carnival Conquest 12/03/2006

If credit card limits make you want to use two credit cards instead of one, I would suggest you go by the purser's office after boarding and make arrangements to do so. You could also inquire about this at the time of check-in in the terminal, when you give them a credit card for the S&S account.

Without publicly indicated the reason for the announcement, they make numerous announcements for named passengers to go to the purser's desk during the cruise. Many of these announcements are for people who have maxed out their credit card limit on S&S or exhausted their cash deposit.

Since they would no doubt accept an alternate card to pay off an overcharged S&S, one would think that they could make arrangements in advance to shift to another account once a certain amount had been charged on the first account.

Even for people who stick with one credit card for the entire cruise, they can and do update the amount of their hold on the card at any time during the cruise by satellite communication.

I know this because charges on our recent cruise escalated well beyond their original hold due to DW and DDs' extreme fondness for the spa.

Archived