Are you around Tropical Showers?

Rallo

Hi Tropical Showers

Just wondering how your plans are progressing now that we are less than 6 weeks to go. :) Did you have any luck with an upgrade? We haven't, although at this stage my family has been bumped up one level but still no window. The rest of our group of 26 haven't had any luck and are a floor below us. A bit disappointed with P&O's lack of some sort of group discount/upgrade or something!:( It's been pretty quiet in here lately with no reviews to read but plenty on the new Terminal. The Star is due back into Brisbane next Saturday after her stint out of Auckland so it will be interesting to see what happens with the new Terminal then. Bye for now.

Sherrie

Hi Sherrie!

Yes I'm still 'looking in' occassionally. The news regarding the new wharf is good, but I won't believe it's true until the Star makes her first docking there!

I hope it's where we depart from!

I make the final payment (our Qantas/holiday component) tomorrow, so I will relax:confused: more then! Actually, I've been having a recurring nightmare(?) that we miss our flight down because I keep having more & more luggage to pack....I think it's because so many people on here advise to take less, & then less again!

No upgrade to an outside cabin for us yet...good to hear you've gone up a deck...has your 'position' on that deck altered too?

Fortuneately there's a lot going on at work & with the kids until the hols. start, so we shall be busy. I am taking the Friday off work to PACK! (But it hasn't stopped the nightmare!:D )

Cheers!

No upgrade to an outside cabin for us yet...good to hear you've gone up a deck...has your 'position' on that deck altered too?

We are all down the very back of the ship - hope it's not too noisy and rocky down there. Will just have to have enough nightcaps to knock me out! LOL:D Where are you situated? Travel Agent says the ship is chock a block so upgrades are unlikely - wish I'd paid the extra and booked the outside cabin in the first place. Oh well!

Hi again!

We are at the rear of the boat near the lifts on Baja deck. We booked in late Jan. and there were no outside cabins available then. I guess we can hope that some people pull out within the next few weeks!!

The travel agent rang P&O today to find out about the new wharf and was told that our cruise was leaving from Pinkenba Wharf...they are not expecting the new wharf to be ready prior to that. 'We' will be taken to the transit centre and processed there before going to Pinkenba apparently. All very sad, but we will keep our fingers crossed. I'm still very excited!

Cheers

Sounds like we might be fairly close to each other - we're Baha as well, at this stage anyway. I can't believe they are still saying Pinkenba - what a joke! It's supposed to have it's official opening on the 29th August. My travel agent informed me today that all our docs have arrived but I'm not going in to collect them for a couple of weeks as she is going on holidays on Wednesday. I can wait a bit longer I suppose. I know what you mean too about having more and more to pack!! I've got to stay out of the shopping centres:rolleyes: I keep buying clothes to take. The funny thing is the nautical look is all the fashion this summer too. Bye for now.

Sherrie

Archived