Christmas in Grenada?

spocruiser

Our itinerary in December has us spending Christmas day in Grenada. Anyone been to Grenada on Christmas day? I was wondering if this might impact what was open (shops, restaurants, etc) or things to do (tours) or is it business as usual for most or all?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spocruiser, We are on the same ship, in Grenada on Christmas Day! I called Princess today to find out if the river Tubing excursion they offer would be available on Christmas day and they said yes. So I did further research and have, through Cruise Critic, found some links to that and other excursions. We went tubing last year in Belize and loved it. It is offered in Grenada and does not take the whole day and there are other things to do. I'd be interested in the spice factory also. look at www.adventuregrenada.com you'll find lots there. I emailed them to ask specifically if they were open on Christmas and have not gotten a response yet. I'll post on our roll call when I do. We booked all our excursions privately on our last cruise and found them less expensive and with fewer people. By the way I found a great stables in St. Lucia, Atlantic Shores Riding Stable...got rave reviews by CC members. they take you on horseback riding thru the Rain Forest and in the Sea, with swimming, beaching and lunch....talk to you soon.

Cathy

Hi Spocruiser, We are also on the Sun at Christmas...go to www.adventuregrenada.com for a selection of excursions. We're hoping to do the River Tubing, have tubed in Belize and loved it. I did call Princess and asked if the excusion was available in Christmas day and they said yes. I am trying to arrange it privately as it is less expensive and generally there are fewer people thus making it a lmore enjoyable experience. I have emailed the tour people about doing it privately and will let you know what I find out. did also find that in St. Lucia there is a great stables if you are interested. Horseback riding thru the rainforest and in to the sea if you so chose. That is run by Atlantic Riding Stables. Many CC's raved about this excursion. I'll get the web site to you if you're interested. In Antigua Lawrence of Antigua got high marks for his tour, which is pretty much what you decide, with time at the beach to snorkle if you so desire. His info can be found at www.lawrenceofanitgua.com You gotta love the name. Later, Cathy

• 4 weeks later...

Cathy;

A belated thanks to you...I have posted lots of questions and have not done a good job of following up on several of them.

For anyone who has spent Christmas in Grenada, I would still be interested in knowing whether Christmas Day affects what shops, restaurants, etc are open.

Thanks.

Archived