Bringing camera on transatlantic flight...

LynneM44

I am less worried about leaving my makeup in my checked bag than I am about leaving my small and very dependable digital camera, which can be easily lifted by bag checkers. Are we still unable to bring cameras? If we can't, does anyone have a great suggestion to ease concern about theft from bags? On the return trip, I can always remove the memory chip...but what to do on the way over?

Basically it comes down to what airport you are flying into and out in Europe. From what I can tell the only place that is not allowing carry-on luggage on any planes are planes leaving from Great Britain. If you are flying from the USA to Europe you will as far as the TSA rules and site say carry on digital cameras, laptop PC's, etc. the same as always. If your destination is in Great Britain, Heathrow for instance, you will have to check your all your bags before being allowed to board a connecting flight or a returning flight to the USA. No cameras, laptops or any carry-on luggage at all allowed.

If your flight from the USA is going to other countries in Europe as far as I can tell you can still pack your camera in a carry-on and keep it with you until you reach your destination.

Before making any decision call your airline and verify what their policy is.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived