Legend of the Seas Review 22 July ~ 5 August

We have just returned from an absolutely brilliant cruise on Legend of the Seas. We were a bit worried about the some negative reviews but honestly there is nothing at all to worry about. Anyone sailing on this ship should have a fantastic time too! We have only travelled as a family on Ocean village before, so only have that to compare to.

We stayed overnight at Express by Holiday Inn in Southampton a few miles from the port. We had free car parking at the port. Embarkation was quick & easy as we had completed on line form and were on board by about 11am.

We felt the ship was in generally good condition throughout. We saw the odd worn chair in a public area but otherwise it was in excellent shape. There were always cleaning staff in the public areas polishing the beautiful brass handrails and glass. The crew were fantastic, always smiling and really did appear to enjoy working on the ship. Public loos were always clean and in working order!

There were plenty of sun beds on the deck. We heard people moaning about sun beds being saved but deck patrol did remove towels saving beds if you asked. The pools were lovely & clean. On first sea day, the pool was emptied and cleaned because a young child had pooed in the pool. It took hours to clean and so they let the children use the solarium.

We had a 4 berth inside cabin. It was small compared to similar on Ocean Village, but we managed well with some organization! There was just enough storage space for clothing. Our cabin attendant was Mario. He kept our cabin clean & tidy and left towel animals some nights & chocs. The beds were really comfy.

We preferred eating evening meal in the Romeo & Juliet restaurant. We had main sitting at 6pm. We were seated at our own table which was wonderful but we had the pleasure of the company of guests at the adjacent table who frequently invited us over to join them after our children had left the table. We found the menu’s to be very interesting & varied ~ sole, perch, salmon, prawns, snails, chicken, steaks, pork. We enjoyed every meal. The restaurant service was terrific ~ waitress Lucille & assistant Lloyd were very attentive throughout the cruise.

We ate twice in the Windjammer at night. There was a good choice but we just preferred to be service in the main restaurant.

We ate breakfast in the Windjammer. The choice of food was amazing. We loved the fried eggs & omelettes. We rarely ate lunch as still full from breakfast but managed the occasional cream scone or cookie for afternoon tea. Free tea, coffee & chocolate are always available outside the windjammer. My children also enjoyed the free ice creams from the deck. They also liked Ben & Jerry’s but limited them one a day as this could work out costly otherwise.

Entertainment was good but we felt that some of the ship’s production shows were not as good as Ocean Village. They did not have the wow factor and we wouldn’t have wanted to sit through them again like we did on OV. The guest entertainers were all good especially the 2 comedians, magician, Renata & the Beatle Maniacs.

The disco in the Viking Crown was excellent. The DJ played a good selection of songs and there was a brilliant atmosphere up there. We often stayed till the early hours.

[We had a great holiday on this wonderful ship & would most definitely sail on her again.

Great! I'll be on Legend in Feb and I think he might be on then too. Looks like you booked another cruise while on Legend. Did you? If you did, how was the Loyalty Ambassador.

Sorry to butt in. I agree with everything the OP said about the Legend. The weather was also fantastic. Apart from a dining-room mix-up which I explained in my own review, the only other negative (apart from the 460 kids!) was the loyalty ambassador. We booked on board for the Navigator next year and he seemed totally disinterested.

Alan

Hi,

We booked Navigator back in April when the itinery was released. I got a great deal from my TA. I did seek out Loyalty Ambassador whilst on board to see if she could cost me for an upgrade but she wasn't really interested as we'd booked thro' TA.

It seems ages ago since we were onboard. This time last week we were in the dining room now being waited on eating some fantastic meal :(

Archived