Driving from Tampa to Port of Miami

dei6360

Has anyone Driven from the Tampa Area to the Port of Miami? If so how long did it take you? Once at the Port is there a parking garage or do you park in an open parking lot? Is the parking close to the terminal or do you still need to take either a tram or cab? Also how much does it cost per day and do you pay up front or after the cruise.

I dont know how long it takes to drive.

Drop your luggage at the pier- hand them to the porters then go park. There is a garage across the street. You pay in cash before the cruise.

Has anyone Driven from the Tampa Area to the Port of Miami? If so how long did it take you? Once at the Port is there a parking garage or do you park in an open parking lot? Is the parking close to the terminal or do you still need to take either a tram or cab? Also how much does it cost per day and do you pay up front or after the cruise.

Have you considered taking the Cruise Connection bus?

It's about a 5 hour drive and parking at the pier is probably $12.00 a day.

Or, you could rent a car and save the parking fee.

I've done it and it took 4 hrs. (providing the traffic is moving); there was an over turned simi on the interstate after leaving Alligator Alley and it took forever to get past it. The truckers on the c.b. said the wreck had been clogging up traffic since 4 a.m. I'd hate to think I missed the ship because of a wreck. If it were me, I'd arrive the day before whether driving or flying.

We've done this trip several times. Usually takes about 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours, depending upon the weather and the traffic. If you go down to Naples and across Alligator Alley you can run the risk of being bogged in traffic if there is an accident because there are no other roads.

However, you can also go across state on State Road 60 to Yehaw Junction and pick up the turnpike. It's also 4 lane divided except for a small stretch between Lake Wales and Yehaw Jct. That stretch is also a problem if there is an accident, but otherwise there are adjacent routes to bypass if necessary.

Both ways are about the same time. Both have pros and cons. Shuttle is no problem if you don't mind a 16" wide seat for 6+ hours. It makes stops along the way and for two will cost as much as the parking for a week.

As with all plans, the best plan is to get there the day before.

Mark T.

Archived