Floatplane excursion

beaufort belle

We are travelling to Alaska on Zandaam May 2007 and want to do a floatplane excursion. We are looking at Juneau Icefield and Glacier Flightseeing or Misty Fjords in Ketchikan. There are lots of great posts for Misty Fjords but haven't seen anything on the Juneau icefield. Has anyone done that excursion lately?

Many thanks for all the information on these boards. They have been so helpful in planning our trip which will first include a 12 day tour of the Canadian Rockies.

We took a helicopter to the Juneau Icefields last month and really enjoyed it. We booked with Coastal Helicopters and were very impressed. They landed and we walked around for awhile on the icefields. The pilot was very informative. We found it educational and fun.

In my opinion, I've done plenty of glacier flightseeing and the glacier helicopter landings are at the top of my list. Misty Fjords is just fantastic via floatplane. With you going next year, I suggest you may want to consider skimping elsewhere and do both of these very different flightseeing tours. Do some overtime, forgo Christmas presents- have an "Alaska" fund. etc,.

Archived