Visa requirements - Poland, Estonia.

Hello Fellow Cruisers:

We are traveling with Canadian passports to the Baltics on the Star Princess. I am under the assumption that we do not require a visa. But I was just reading the Princess pamplet today and it say something about we don't need a visa for the schengen countries (including our visit in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden). But I just realized we are also visiting non-schengen countries such as Poland, Estonia. Do I need a visa for these non-schengen countries.

And just to make sure again, if I booked our excursions with REDOCTOBER, we do not need to apply for any sort of visa to get into St. Petersburg right? All comments appreciated. Thank you all.

Lisa-

That Schengen pamphlet does not apply to US or Canadian citizens and you won't need a visa at any of the ports except St Petersburg--and there, you are correct that your Red October tour tickets serve as your visa when disembarking from a cruise ship. You don't need to apply for any other visa, but you do need to show your tour tickets to Russian immigration.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for all the help. I got confused when I called Princess and I was told I needed some sort of visa in Poland. I researched what he said and as it turned out the visa he's talking about refers to a Polish trying to enter Canada. Anyway, thank you all for the information. I also called the embassies (again) to reconfirm. Thanks again.

Archived