First-timer on Victory

Shamrock359

Hi, all. This is by far the most informative group of people I could ever hope to meet!! I am booking the Victory for August from NY and I was just wondering if you could clear up a few things. My husband and I would like to book a suite (anniversary present) and I see you can reserve a "guarantee" for $100 less per person. Has anyone ever done this? From what I can tell, I believe all the suites are on the Empress deck. Is there any difference from one room to another? Is this a smart thing to do to save $200?

Also, is it better to book with Carnival directly or should we use a travel agent? I do not see any difference in the price no matter where I checked. I might be killing you all with my questions, but we have never been on a cruise and are very anxious. I appreciate all your help!!

Hi, have never booked a suite but always book a gty. you will get the min. at the least and probably an upgrade. I have been upgraded all but once. We use Carnival, best service nd they will give you the price drops if you bring it to there attention. You will like the victory, we sailed on her the end of June and had a blast.

I would definitely book a guarantee suite because they are all in the same area and they are all great rooms. If you can save money, why not?

If you found all the same prices, it is better to book with Carnival directly, because if the price drops, they will either refund your money or give you a credit. I found that if you shop around though, you can get a better deal on other sites.

By the way, I am also going on the Victory in August. Have a great time.

I use CruCon to book my cruises, but they told me effective Jan 1, 2004, Carnival no longer gives discounted fares to TA's, so I have been booking directly with Carnival since then. I have a great Personal Vacation Planner (PVP) who takes good care of me. I would recommend that route along with going with a gty. As lorideco said, all suites are in the same area, so why not save some money if you can? Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived