Carjacking in San Juan

Having spent many summers in PR, I can say that San Juan is like any big city! You just have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Generally speaking, Old San Juan, Isla Verde, and Condado are pretty safe tourist areas! Stay away from Santurce and Hato Rey! Also, BE SURE to stay within the speed limit! If you get pulled over for speeding, The Officer will take your license on the spot...to insure you pay for the speeding ticket!

You can be a carjacking victim in any big city. You have to be aware at all times, but Old San Juan, Isla Verde, and Condado are pretty safe tourist areas.

I am not sure if the Officers can take the license as an insure for the speeding ticket. Maybe it could be the practice with tourists.

Have a nice time in my island, Puerto Rico. THE ENCHANTMENT ISLAND!!!

Having spent many summers in PR, I can say that San Juan is like any big city! You just have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Generally speaking, Old San Juan, Isla Verde, and Condado are pretty safe tourist areas! Stay away from Santurce and Hato Rey! Also, BE SURE to stay within the speed limit! If you get pulled over for speeding, The Officer will take your license on the spot...to insure you pay for the speeding ticket!

The License is NOT taken anymore since the law change some years ago, only thing is that the fine is very high, so be very aware of the speed limits. Car jacking is not a big problem here, but as in any major city always be alert of your surrounfings, more if you don't know the area.

Archived