Just Back From Explorer

We had a great 9 nights on the EOS. Friendly and competent staff, food very good and great camp for the kids. Labadee was great. San Juan and St. Thomas I could have done without. Magens Bay is alittle overrated. Loved St. Martin too. Only complaint I have is the disembark at Cape liberty. Terrible traffic for cars going to pick up area. There has to be a better way. West side of Manhattan is much better for the return. Also, teenagers seemed to love sitting on the stairs in groups. It's a safety hazard and frankly, it's quite rude. Lots to do and the ship looked great. If I forgot anything I'll post later.

Time release toilets....nice wording.

It was a beautiful vacation. I agree about St. Thomas- it has become too commercial and crowded. Labadee was great along with St. Marten. Didn't get off in San Juan. Food was fine- I was expecting less from what I've read on this board. I guess many people are spoiled from all the great restaurants in our NY/NJ Metro area. But all in my group agreed that the food was not the best they've had- but it was above average.

Except for Portofino's- which was phenomenal.

Ship is pretty- a bit worn in spots but not too noticeably so. Our beds were awful! Our cabin attendants, waiter and assistant waiters were superb. Plus, I smelled a lot of smoke in places on the ship that it shouldn't have been. I'm not a snob about this- but I was travelling with some who have health issues related to smoke.

I agree about disembarking- there has got to be a better way. Waiting in The Palace was fine- but the nightmare with the luggage was uncalled for- they either need a bigger spot or need to get carousels like the airports. It was ridiculous.

And then- the traffic outside was absolutely horrendous. Is anyone taking note of all these things at RCL? Are there any plans to correct the situation?

However, it did only take us 45 minutes to get home- much much nicer than having to go to an airport and sit and wait...and wait...

If anyone has any questions, please let me know- I can try to help you out.

Jeweli

Hello all, just off the EOS also. Great trip over all, met lots of wonderful people on board. Only problem, lots of pool chair hogs form the big groups on board. They were saving 13 chairs at 7 A.M. every sea day. There was one person, I think they were celebrating his retirement, would patrol his chairs like a cop on a beat! He acted as if he owned the pool deck. The sad part was only half of the chairs were used. RCCL has to do something about this!

Any comments on the current CD? I leave on EOS in Oct. and will either have the current CD or Allan Brooks will be back from vacation.

Just wondering how the current CD does events, Shows, Love and Marriage Game, and of course Quest.

Archived