Grandeur of the Seas

Has anyone cruised on this beautiful ship. My husband and I have just booked for a Canada/New England Cruise out of Baltimore in Sept. 2007 (wanted to avoid the rush). We have always wanted to do this cruise. This will be our 4th RCCL cruise and our 17th cruise overall. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

kimbtech -

We recently went on a family reunion cruise (almost 30 people) on the Grandeur (March '06) out of Tampa. Almost all the adults in our group had cruised before, the other adults and all but one of the children were 1st time cruisers. Overall the repeat adult cruisers were somewhat disappointed with the ship. We had been on all of the big lines before (other RCCL ships, Disney, Celebrity, Princess etc). Compared to the newer ships there is a noticable differance (both the age and amenities). To be fair everyone had a very good time, the staff was excellent, the food was very good (not great). Due to travel within the group we had to keep our trip to 5 days so we really didn't have a lot of options. Our experiance did not change our opinion of RCCL, in fact my wife and I leave on a Mystery Cruise on Sept 3rd out of Port Canaveral and we already have a trip booked on the Freedom in June '07.

You sound like a very experianced cruiser, so if is just a matter of what you are looking for in the ship.

Hope this helps.

Cruised on this ship out of Baltimore 2 years ago.....Residing only an hour from the port was a fantastic +....Had a Wonderful Cruise....Very nice ship!!! And a fantastic crew. My sister is on this ship as we speak and having a fantastic time.

Was going to Cruise her again this year,however,was not thrilled with the 3 US port itinerary (Western Caribbean), so we have chosen Princess instead.

Anyway, Great ship,Great service (very amiable), Good Food....Enjoy!!!!

We sailed her back in 2003 and enjoyed the trip very much. She does not have the bells and whistles like the newer ships and is smaller but we we prefer a smaller ship. We are also thinking about this same trip for Aug.07. Love the itinerary and would love to do a nine night trip.

Sailed her in 2004 and loved her. As long as people remember she is an older and smaller ship! The people on the cruise is what made this cruise a special one for me! With The Grandeur being a smaller ship you all know each other by the end of the cruise! Enjoy! You will not be sorry! :D

Sailed her last October from Balitmore and can't wait to sail her again this October. See my signature below for a link to my review of the cruise we did. Overall, love the ship. She got me hooked on cruising.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input. Even though the cruise of over a year away, we are very much looking forward to going, especially with some positive feedback. I agree that the people make the cruise and over our many cruises we have been some wonderful people. A smaller ship does make it easier. Thank again for your insight.

Archived