Krystall's 8/16 Crown Princess Review (Long)

krystall

As for the people who were taken off board, well I think they learned a good lesson. Sad for the family members who didn't particate in that unruly act but had to leave.

No, not sorry for them at all. In fact, I think it's great.

If the perpetrators were teenagers, obviously their parents were not controlling them. If they pulled a stunt like this onboard, they probably pull similar stunts at home. It's good that their entire family was made to leave the ship at the next port ... and then bear the considerable expense of flying everyone home. Maybe the parents will be angry enough to make their kids pay for their behavior. I know that if I had ever caused a family vacation to get cut short by my behavior, it would be a long, long time before I would forget it ... that's for sure. My folks would have had me working for a long time ... babysitting, delivering newspapers; you name it ... to reimburse every single penny I caused them to lose. I'd have sure thought twice before pulling a stunt like that again.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hi Krystall! Thanks so much for the informative review, particularly about the Caribe Buffet. Was it very crowded or hard to get a table there for dinner? It will just be DH and I on this cruise. He wants to skip at least one formal night, so we figured we would do the Buffet that night.

As for your taxi situation, I am sorry you had to go through that. I am sorrier still to read that 35+ years after being in that situation myself, it still goes on. As a teen we often traveled to Pennsylvania to see our family and took the subway to Penn Station and a train from there on to PA. (my parents did not drive) We always took a taxi home, though, from Penn Station, and we always had taxi drivers refuse to take us - outright refuse to go to Brooklyn. Eventually we would get someone to agree to take us, but it was always a problem. It happened to me so many times, I lost count, including one time from my job in Manhattan when I was sick and my boss ordered me a car service to get me home, when no taxi would take me. It is 20 years now since I lived in Brooklyn, but some bad memories linger.

Thanks again for your review.

So glad you enjoyed the review. I can't believe it is still popping up. :D 8/16/06 has to be the most popular Crown Princess Reviews.

Wow, reading your tell of so long ago that taxis didn't even want to go to Brooklyn and it's still like that sure strikes a cord. Something has got to be done to change this and I think if we all are vigilant about reporting it things will change. I'm so sorry those things happened to you and your family.

Café Caribe Buffet:

No problem with seating at all. Most evenings we sat by a window and watched the sun set. You and your husband will love it. The crew is in evening dressed attire, there's on crew member going around with a cart offering wine and other drinks. Very relaxed atmosphere. I think you will enjoy it. I know we did.

No, not sorry for them at all. In fact, I think it's great.

If the perpetrators were teenagers, obviously their parents were not controlling them. If they pulled a stunt like this onboard, they probably pull similar stunts at home. It's good that their entire family was made to leave the ship at the next port ... and then bear the considerable expense of flying everyone home. Maybe the parents will be angry enough to make their kids pay for their behavior. I know that if I had ever caused a family vacation to get cut short by my behavior, it would be a long, long time before I would forget it ... that's for sure. My folks would have had me working for a long time ... babysitting, delivering newspapers; you name it ... to reimburse every single penny I caused them to lose. I'd have sure thought twice before pulling a stunt like that again.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita,

Have a little compassion please. I will explain. This was not your average family (ex. parents 30s -40s with teenagers). This family consisted of very elderly grandparents 70+ and I believe it was their mother that was not a young woman herself. I believe (just guessing, someone correct me if I'm wrong) 50+. The brother's are mentally challenged children and you could very easily see that it would be a struggle for these senior adults to handle very strong and active young adults. When we saw them we thought why wasn't someone with these elderly people to help assist them in controlling these kids. Now I definitely agree that there should have been punishment and it wasn't for me to decide what it would have been. But I have to say I was worried about those elderly people being left in Jamaica. Where we docked at, the airport was not close at all. Who would they get help from? I hope and pray that someone was kind enough to assist them to get to the airport and back home. It was a catch 22 situation. You know the kids needed to be punished but in them being punished the seniors had to be put in a very bad situation. I worried and felt for them. :o

Just my two cents. I'm sure others have their opinion.

Small world, huh?

Did you by any chance take any of the Ceramics at Sea clasees? Severla in our Nov. 4 group are interested.

I made a small box at the ceramics at sea. They have a nice little corner set up between the pools. It was always hopping!

There was an assortment of things ranging from $15-$25 (I think) tiles, small bowls, a plate, a fish, small box with cover, coasters.

They aren't really classes. You just choose what you want to paint and you do it at your leisure.

Archived