Copenhagen Luggage storage

Hello Fellow Cruisers:

I've looked up to 6 pages in this forum and couldnt see anyone referencing this.

We're on the 5pm flight on Alitalia to Milan. We would like to store the luggage somewhere while we look around. I checked the airport site, and they do provide baggage storage. But I was thinking of somewhere closer to town.

Does anyone know if anywhere in town (central station perhaps) have the luggage storage facilities?

Or if Alitalia allow baggage to be checked many many hours before our flight? Thanks for the input in advance.

I looked up info on luggage storage for my arrival into Copenhagen b/c I have several hours there before I can board my ship. I read (somewhere?) that bags can be stored at the central train station in downtown Copenhagen. I hope it is true b/c I plan to leave my luggage there and walk arround!

As for the airline, I've always found that airlines will not accept baggage more than 3 hours prior to departure, but I have never flown Alitalia...

You can store your luggage in the Central Station. However, there is also a Cruise Lounge where I believe you can store your things. It is located midway along the pedestrian street, Strøget, situated at the square Amager Torv (you'll know you're there when you see the crane fountain). Show the wait staff proof that you're a cruise passenger (your boarding card, for example) for complimentary coffee or tea.

I have heard about the cruise lounge before and hope that it works out. Just in case, however, note that Lufthansa did accept our bags for very early checking, 10 hours before the flight. We had a seven pm Lufthansa flight from Copenhagen to Frankfurt and we successfully went to the airport and checked our bags at about nine am for that flight and got all our boarding cards, etc---Then, we went back into town to spend the day. Definitely more expensive that way, but then all we needed to do was get back at a leisurely time before our flight without worrying about anything else. And, this was just two days after the big London scare that prompted all the new rules.

Archived