Chocolate Buffet?

lovncruzn

We just got off the Glory, from the 8/19/06 Eastern itinerary. The chocolate buffet was Friday at noon, on the Lido deck. It was a virtual secret, not listed on the capers as an event, just one word in the lido food descriptions for the day. We would not have known if not told by a fellow passenger.

The buffet was incredible. Loved the chocolate fountain. They even had chocolate sushi! We took some photos, will get them posted and also write a full review sometime in the next few days.

When I sailed the Chocolate Buffet was in the early afternoon on the last sea day.

I DID see it in the Capers but only in the section where everything was listed hour by hour.

I just posted this to another thread with a similar discussion.....I always suggest reading the Capers cover to cover as I have spotted some interesting things in the hour by hour section that I did not see anywhere else such as the chocolate buffet, drink specials in a particular lounge, tea time, etc.

I use a highlighter pen and mark all the things that seem interesting to me and carry my Capers in my bag and glance at it throughout the day. I never do all the things that I highlight but at least I feel like I am making informed decisions. :)

Can you share the link to where you saw the chocolate buffet pics? I'd love to see it!!

IMG_8524_800x533.jpg

IMG_8528_800x533.jpg

IMG_8529_800x533.jpg

IMG_8534_800x533.jpg

IMG_8542_800x533.jpg

Found these under the fish and chips thread: Wennfred. There were a few more but CC will only allow 5 pics per post. Time to go eat lunch...I seemed to have developed a sudden craving for chocolate...too bad Dr Atkins didn't include it in his plan..so the chocolate will have to wait until January, as I am busy making that little extra room in my clothing in anticipation of digesting these culinary masterpieces.

1st time cruising.

Let me preface this by saying I LOVE Carnival and they continue to be my first choice when cruising. (So, please save the flames as this is not a criticism.) I have been to the chocolate buffet, and it pales in comparision to RCI's chocolate buffet. If you are a true chocoholic, it might be worth your while to take one of the bargain 4 day RCI cruises to see the FABULOUS midnight chocolate buffet they do. It was spectacular!

On Liberty this summer the buffet was our last day at sea. If you weren't in line when it first opened you only got what was left over. They ran out of just about everything . When we finally got to the actual service area there was only diet cake and some rice pudding left. Line was the length of the dinning area on both sides. We got there about 20min after it started. So if you are going go early.

On the Triumph last week it was the last lunchtime. The food seemed to be holding out well, and there was no big line when we got there, which was probably aroung 1:30 or later, as that is when we usually wandered to lunch.

A piece of advice: go easy on the chocolate buffet. I've learned this the hard way and now pick out one or two things I know I will enjoy. And eat your regular lunch first!

Hi everyone!! Not all ships have it on the last sea day. On the Glory it's on the last Friday which IS a port day. It's also at noon time and it was good , not fabulous but it's chocolate!!!! We were there in Feb, and I will be on the Glory again in a couple weeks. The port is Nassau that day and I don't really like the port so I plan on sleeping late, enjoying the chocolate buffett and maybe getting a good discount on a massage, ahhhhhhh the ship life :D

I went to the beginning of the chocolate buffet on Glory recently (Friday afternoon).

I can understand some of the negative reviews about some offerings being "dull", but it is somewhat a matter of taste.

The homemade truffles, for example, are made with dark chocolate, and not sweet milk chocolate. This would give them a "dull" taste to some, whose taste may run toward sweet-sweet milk chocolate, but to me they were excellent.

I'm sure some of the custom preparations, such as the truffles, run out fairly quickly, leaving mainly chocolate layer cakes with squishy icing. But if you get there early, you can find some good stuff.

The puff pastry in the chocolate fondue fountain was to die for.

On the Miracle, on the last sea day, they had a chocolate fountain with different things to dip (cheese cake, donuts, pineapple, etc.) at lunch in Horatio's. You told what you wanted dipped and they did it for you. It was right next to the deli. They also had several chocolate desserts from the dining room from the week. It was delicious. Check your capers so you don't miss it. It's only for a few hours.

Archived