Arrive in Calica and then...

chocolots

Thought about Xel-ha, Akumal, and PDC. What would ya'll do if you arrived @ Calica at 7AM and had to leave by 5PM?? Include how you would get there...taxi, collectivo, or rental. Hint...we are 4 women who like to drink, snorkel and eat.

Thanks,

Janet

Thought about Xel-ha, Akumal, and PDC. What would ya'll do if you arrived @ Calica at 7AM and had to leave by 5PM?? Include how you would get there...taxi, collectivo, or rental. Hint...we are 4 women who like to drink, snorkel and eat.

Thanks,

Janet

I would contact Eddie and Bonnie at edventures and go on a tour with them. We did it last August and it was wonderful. In that amount of time we got to see Tulum, snorkle a cenote, swim and snorkle in Akumal bay, and snorkle in a lagoon. We wanted to go to lunch too, but ran out of time. They also provided some cokes, beer and snacks.

If you would feel more comfortable, they have lady guides.

We were able to rent jeeps and do all that for less than the ship excursion to Tulum. The jeeps were almost new and were waiting on the pier. Driving was just about like driving at home. You could also get air conditioned vehicles, but those jeeps were fun and cute...looked just like Barbie's:p

I would (and have!) set up a tour with AGI Tours! They will come in a licensed, insured vehicle with a bi-lingual driver and take you wherever you want to go. They took our group of 12 on a great tour in March, and I have used them when doing land vacations in the area, too.

In March they picked us up in an a/c van and took us to Akumal so that we could visit the Hekab Be Biblioteca and leave our donations. Then we went back to Playa and went shopping.

In the past they've taken us to Xcaret and to Xelha. We preferred Xelha! They've also taken us on a great tour of Tulum, Ek Balam, and Valladolid. Daniel was our guide.

Hey girl! Are you going again??? I am SOOOO wicked jealous!!!

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could rent a jeep and go wherever. We went to Tulum and then had lunch at Oscar Y Lalo in Akumal - very cool. Email me if you'd like the specifics.

Did I mention how wicked jealous I am??? ;)

--Chris

Long time...no hear! How ya been? How did you guys like your Disney Cruise?

This time I will be going with my daughter (18) and a girlfriend (20) and ...* twilight zone music in the background*..............my mother. We are gonna have a wild and crazy girl cruise. This is my daughter's graduation cruise but we wanted to go when there is less humidity, kids and hurricanes. Greg wants to go sooo bad but we had already decided that it would be a girl cruise and when my 17 year old son graduates it will be a boy cruise or whatever they all decide to do. It's gonna be trippy to be out without DH. My mother certainly won't be keeping me out of trouble because she's ready to GET WILD!! Who knows ...you might see her in the latest "Girls Gone Senile" dvd. All the hurricanes have been real hard on their waterfront home. We finally got her and Dad moved inland 3 days before Katrina came ashore. Been working on their new house ever since. Perfecting her dream home. Does she ever need a break! She's been shopping like mad! I think she's going to have a coordinating outfit for everything. Hopefully she didn't buy a prison jumper! LOL!

Calica is our 2nd port. I'm kinda leaning toward a taxi to Akumal/Half Moon Bay and snorkeling. We have to be back before 5PM. Sucks! Doesn't leave a lot of options. We go to the Cozumel 1st and have to be back by 7PM. Not sure what to do there. My mother and I were trying to talk the girls into that cooking class you guys went to but they were like..."COOKING!! You've got to be kidding!!" I tried to tell them that Margaritas were definately involved but the cooking word scared them off! They want to party! Ahhhh...the young! She's a chip off the old block! The girls are thinking about the Fiesta Party Boat. It's their party... soooo.....

Any suggestions? I'm very scared!!

Of course they also want to go to Carlos and Charlies. Can't blame them soooo I guess I'll join them. The sacrifices we parents make!

I'll make a toast to you and your hubby as the waitress shakes my titties at Carlos and Charlies!!

Janet

** Dearest Mother,

If you so happen to read this by accident, I hope you won't hold the "Girls Gone Senile" against me in the will. You know how I admire and love all you extremely old folks!

Your # 1 daughter;)

I'm still laughing! Mom sounds like a trip! Me thinks the apple didn't fall far from the tree :p Just don't let her talk you into anything that's against your better judgement ;)

Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast! Are you all in one cabin or doing twosies? 5-day Holiday again I assume (jealous jealous jealous!!!). Sounds like they changed their schedule a bit, unfortunately.

Know what? I goofed when I said Oscar y Lalo is at Akumal; it's actually in Soliman Bay (KM 240) which is a tad south of Xel Ha (KM 245). It is a really neat place; there's snorkeling, kayaking, etc. right off their beach, and margaritas too! They have a cenote on the property you can snorkel, lounge chairs and hammocks you can hang out on (and drink). The best part is that it was not crowded; very peaceful, yummy food, and margaritas (did I mention that already???).

Since you'll arrive at Calica early, you could taxi or drive to Soliman Bay/Oscar y Lalo first, stay for a couple hours, grab lunch and a maragarita or two :), head north to Akumal (KM 255) and spend the rest of the afternoon there. That way you're relatively close to Calica (KM 280) at the end of the day. It does stink however that you only have until 5:00 - weren't we in port until 10:00? I remember having LOTS of time. Even so, I think you'll have plenty of time for both, and Soliman is definitely worth seeing - you may not want to leave.

Coz again eh? I think Mom should to see pics of #1 daughter dancing with "contraption" on head :D Too funny! Ya better toast us, or better yet, have one of those evil drinks for me - SOOO wicked wicked jealous!!!!

As far as the Coz excursions go, the cooking class was at Playa Mia which just happens to be where the Beach Break and Fiesta Party boat excursions are located. You and Mom can do the cooking, girls can go party, and the best part is you can keep a watchful eye while innocently sipping your margarita and cooking your lunch (which, by the way, is MUCH more tasty than the buffet lunch provided for the Beach Break folks). The chef/instructor is a trip too - jolly humorous guy; ya gotta trust a pudgy chef. After the class, you're free to joing the Beach Break and continue taking advantage of the open bar (as I did, which set the stage for what pretty much did me in that night! :eek: ). Do the cooking, let the girls party, and meet up on the beach afterward. And don't forget that toast & drink @ C&C!!! Ugh, jealousy is an awful thing!!!

The Disney Cruise was good, though very short - only 3 days. The ship (Wonder) is absolutely gorgeous! The cabins are awesome - they actually have what they call a split bathroom - sink & toilet in one, sink & shower in the other. Great for families! The ports of call (Nassau & Castaway Cay, Disney's private island) were only so-so. I'd MUCH rather go to Mexico.

Last month we went to St. John, USVI for 10 days (land-based vaca). Kids stayed home with Grandma & Grandpa. It was an awesome time! I LOVE the VI with a passion! If you haven't been, you have got to go!

Archived