Single 1 person booking question

beachlovingirl

We're sailing on the Jewel - I have a friend who wants to join our group but we have no room in our cabins so he would have to get his own cabin for 1 person. Does NCL have a single sharing program? I looked on their site but didn't find anything & my friend is gay which could complicate the sharing match up issue....Also, when I tried pricing out 1 person for the cruise the rates were doubled - I read something about a single supplement, what is that? Any help would be appreciated, we'd love for him to go but he can't afford to pay double fare.

NCL just changed their single program... besides singles paying double cruise fare they are also now paying double NCF too...

Appears that way :(

Pearl 10 day single 2,557.27

Pearl 10 day double 2,636.54

NCF 200 pp or 400 for a single :eek:

We're sailing on the Jewel - I have a friend who wants to join our group but we have no room in our cabins so he would have to get his own cabin for 1 person.

I'm trying to say this in as few words as possible but having trouble, so...

Let's call your friend "Sam". If you have a triple or quad take one of the people out of that room on paper. Put that person in with Sam. Now Sam pays for the double less the amount the third or fourth person would pay for their share. It would still be more but at least it wouldn't be as bad. The third/fourth person could get a room key for the original room and stay there. Tips, drinks, etc. are charged to the individual, not the room.

I don't know if you have done this, however I would contact a travel agent that specializes in cruises and present them your dilema. They usually have insiders type of info and ways around the system. I am going on a 7 day cruise "solo" that was $549 per person and with my single supplement, I am paying $809. I thought it was a pretty good price. They can help if you let them.

Archived