Need the real "skinny" on the Majesty!

Sticksnpucks

Hi all...I've cruised 21 times - NCL, Princess, HAL, Celebrity, etc., but am planning a trip with my boyfriend around the New Year's holiday. We're looking at the Majesty because of its location - easy to drive to and we wouldn't have to deal with planes! My boyfriend has never cruised, so probably wouldn't be as picky.

I've read all of your reviews...tell me what the food is really like...is there anything fancier than the macaroni and meat sauce I keep reading about! Is there a specialty restaurant and what is the cost? Do they really confiscate any wine you may take aboard? What are the drink and wine prices? Are the cabins really that small?

Please tell it like it is...I realize that it is an older ship...I like the idea of a smaller amount of passengers (years ago I was on both an RCCL and Royal Viking small ships), and from what I read, they keep the ship clean, however...I've experienced some fantastic ships and cruises and understand that while I can keep in mind that it's an older ship, etc....will I be disappointed? Particularly with the food??

Thanks for all of your help in advance...it's been years since I sailed NCL.

It's a very subjective thing, I'm afraid. I love the Majesty. I am married to a chef and we both thought the food was outstanding. We're fairly easy to please, though. It's a small ship but the crew is wonderful. I don't know that anyone else can decide for you. My advice would be to try it.

We were on the Majesty for the first time this June and loved it. The ship is easy to find your way around, more intimate than a larger ship, and we both thought the food was very good and the drinks were reasonable. I have some drink and regular menus in my webshots album which you can click on in my signature below.

Jackie

Need the real "skinny" on the Majesty!

During world war two until the late 1960's, military orders in the Marine Corps were copied on paper that resembled the skin of an onion. It was extremly thin and fragile, and translucent in appearance.

"What's the skinny on the promotions" said the private

from

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skinny

Archived