legend of the sea questions **please help**

bimpy23

hi everyone we are traveling on nov 4 out of tampa west caribbean cruise

and I have a couple of questions for people who have been on the ship

CABIN we are on deck 8 j 8519 right underneath the main pool and bar --- do you think the noise of the crew moving chairs int he morning and evening will be very noisey. We would like to sleep in some mornings and also we have a baby that will be sleeping sometime durning the day

BEDS I have a bad back are the beds comfortable or should I bring my memory foam topper

FOOD How are the desserts on the cruise this is the main reason I cruise is the Food. I always come back weighing alot more than when I left

Formal Night Do people really dress up to the nines.

What is the earlist time they allow you on the ship the day you leave tampa?

Thanks everyone for your help! Any other tips for this ship would be very helpful. WE have never cruised with RCl only carnival.

We have just returned from a cruise on the Legend in the Mediterranean. It is a beautiful ship and you'll love it! I can't really comment about your location - we were on deck 7 and can honestly say that we never heard any of our neighbours. If you intend to sleep during the day the only thing that may impact you is the music playing at the pool.

The beds were incredibly comfortable and firm!

The food in the Romeo & Juliet restaurant was fabulous and the dessert options were many and varied - you'll love them! I can quite imagine gaining a lot of weight on the Legend as you can eat 24/7!

The formal nights on our sailing were pretty much adhered to, although with some exceptions. Most men wore a tux or suit and ladies evening or cocktail dresses. Being just smartly dressed was perfectly acceptable as well though.

Any other tips? I was hard pressed to fault the cruise I was on - it was nigh on perfect! Make use of the room service for breakfast - the Windjammer can get busy at peak times. If you don't like what is on offer in the Romeo & Juliet the chances are they'll be able to offer you something completely different! One night they had run out of our preferred entree and they were positively horrified! This only happened once and they promised to have the entree available to all on our table the next day - even though it wasn't on the menu then! The only other tip I have is that if there is anything you desire - ask! They cannot do enough for you and do all they can to accomodate. We had the time of our lives on the Legend this month - I hope you do as well!

Enjoy!

Marcel

Got off Legend 3 weeks ago and would echo the sentiments of the above poster. We were on Deck 8 JS 8038, which is near the middle of the ship. I can honestly say that we were never disturbed by any noise from above or adjacent to our room.

As for the desserts, you've GOT TO TRY the Napoleon-one portion is never enough! Have a blast.

Alan

Just returned today from a short 4 night cruise on Legend. FANTASTIC!!!

The bedding is all brand new as from June/July this year. REALLY comfy and firm. The white quilts are lovely. Had best nights sleep!!!

We were in JS 8022 (the opposite side to you) and the only time we heard any noise on an evening was when it was 11.15-12.15 buffet on deck on third night so this didnt bother us as we knew why, but didnt hear anything otherwise.

Desserts..... every one I had was lovely (the banana parfait?? with macademia nuts) was gorgeous.... like frozen banana cream... bliss.

CHOCOLATE BUFFET AT MIDNIGHT - to DIE for but a little late though we stayed up! Gorgeous choclate everything! including chocolate fountain. They alos have gorgeous savoury canapes with rare roast beef and pate if you was that first. I took a plate of cakes back to our fridge as coulnt manage much!

FORMAL EVENINGS..... yes everyone dresses up even for the short cruises. Some men did have suits rather than tux but ladies went to town and found they stayed dressed up after first night where as first night they were VERY casual as it says casual attire on the Compass and newbie cruisers aren't sure until they are used to the proptocol... anything goes but its lovely to dress up any time! I was determined to wear my posh dress even if I was the only one!!

Leaving - It usually says on most tickets to board at 2pm but even in UK, people boarded at 12.30 and in Cape Liberty and Mimai a hvae read posts where people have boarded at 11.30 though rooms would not be ready. I would say midday as this is when the buffet is open from officiallyu so they must allow passengers on then.

Have a blast, we did:D

Hollyanna

Hello Fellow legend Cruisers..So glad to hear that everyone returning from Legend... has had as fantastic a time as we have had. Returned on August 19th from an amazing cruise.. our 2nd Med cruise on Legend...but this years experience... far surpassed any of our expectations from last year. Just wonderful. Virtually perfect in every way..as someone else quoted. An extemely dedicated and hard working staff and crew. ..and a beautiful ship. regards to all. Carol

Hello Fellow legend Cruisers..So glad to hear that everyone returning from Legend... has had as fantastic a time as we have had. Returned on August 19th from an amazing cruise.. our 2nd Med cruise on Legend...but this years experience... far surpassed any of our expectations from last year. Just wonderful. Virtually perfect in every way..as someone else quoted. An extemely dedicated and hard working staff and crew. ..and a beautiful ship. regards to all. Carol

We must have been on the same cruise!

It was our first and we knew that we'd enjoy it..... but not this much!

We're hoping to go again the year after next but I'm wondering if the Navigator will be as good as the Legend? If the Navigator is still going from Southampton then, that is. It is about a third larger both in size and passenger capacity. Can the service be that good again???

Regards, Marcel

We must have been on the same cruise!

It was our first and we knew that we'd enjoy it..... but not this much!

We're hoping to go again the year after next but I'm wondering if the Navigator will be as good as the Legend? If the Navigator is still going from Southampton then, that is. It is about a third larger both in size and passenger capacity. Can the service be that good again???

Regards, Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I was disembarking as you lucky people were getting ready to board. Whilst on board Legend, we booked for a 14 nighter on Navigator next year and got a great deal for a suite-less than we paid for a JS on Legend! We leave on 16th June next year and I'll be sure to post a review. Glad you had a great time...did you do the white water rafting in Vigo? It was superb!

Alan

Hi Marcel,

I was disembarking as you lucky people were getting ready to board. Whilst on board Legend, we booked for a 14 nighter on Navigator next year and got a great deal for a suite-less than we paid for a JS on Legend! We leave on 16th June next year and I'll be sure to post a review. Glad you had a great time...did you do the white water rafting in Vigo? It was superb!

Alan

Alan,

Ha, no that's far too energetic for us! We prefer to just chill out and totally relax. But that's one of the things that I loved about the cruise - two thousand people on board and they're all having two thousand completely different holidays! I'll look out for your review of the Navigator next year - have a great time!

Marcel

Archived