Using one of BENO's Drivers?

akia29

Hi All,

I sent an email to both Beno and Reynold.

Beno got back to me immediately, (i haven't heard from Reyold yet) he offered a great price, but he wouldn't be doing the tour himself. Has anyone used one of his other tour guides? Are they as good as he is?

Should I go for it?

We used Beno in June - - due to me wanting to take off early (tired of waiting for late ones from ship), I asked to go with Joesph. He was a very fine gentleman.:) He probably isn't as charsamatic as Beno but I sat in the front and talked to him the whole time about the island when he wasn't pointing out things. I liked him a lot. I would be happy to use him again. Most of the tour guide have a couple of drivers to help out and they all seem well qualified. If we spend a week on the island I will probably visit his church. He knew some of the same people I got to know my last trip there from Nature Island Dive as he too is from Soufrière.

Grand Bay, Dominica

666495-Grand_Bay_Dominica-Scotts_Head_Village.jpg

I contacted both Reyno and Beno for information. They both were friendly and both got back to me quickly. Beno informed me that he would not be doing the tour himself so I thought we were going to go with Reyno…only to find out Reyno was probably not going to be doing the tour himself either. Beno was honest and chose to disclose this information upfront so we are going with Beno tours…but not Beno himself!! (This message is not to say that Reyno was intentionally misleading me – I just appreciated Beno’s honestly and forwardness…) Hey akia – I will let you know the outcome when we return (we will be there September 12).

PS - twomikea that picture is gorgeous!!:D

I love your photos. I'm reading all the threads on Dominica as I will be there on 9/26. Is there a chance I could see all your Dominica photos? Or do you have them on a website where I can view them? I plan on taking a camera, but sometimes I'm not the best photographer in the world! You can reach me at Texas3@msn.com . Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Mike, those are great photos. I just loved my trip to Dominica, and it's because of Beno. Whether you have him or his driver, Joseph, you are guaranteed one of the most amazing tours you will ever take. Beno will be very straight with you and will do everything possible to accomodate any special requests. He really loves his island and loves showing it to his special "guests."

I was on Beno's tour one week ago today. I sat next to Beno in the front seat. Some of the others on our roll call board (Carnival Destiny 9/24) were with Beno's other driver. There were two vans on our trip. If you haven't taken your cruise yet, you could post on our roll call board and ask the others. But, Beno was fabulous. He is very outgoing, honest, nice, sincere, you name it. Our tour ended up being about 5 hours long. He'll stop at different places for you if you'd like to take a photograph. He also had an ice chest in the back of the van filled with cold beer and ice water for everyone after the tour. He exceeded my expectations. Best tour guide I've ever had in my life. I would think that he would expect his other driver to treat people in the same way, but I wasn't in the 2nd van, so I can't really say. His tour was the highlight of my cruise. Can't say much for the Carnival Destiny tho. It pretty much sucked. I'll save my comments about the ship for another message board. And Twomikea, I got the photos you sent a few weeks ago. I think I told you "thank you", but in case I didn't, thank you so much!!

Chris, where did you have Beno take you and what was your fave? We used Beno 2 years ago and we're booked with him again in March but I'm always on the lookout for great new places to tell him we'd like to see. Just wondering if you have any recommendations?

Archived