Whale Watching Dominica???

Loralu

Does anyone have any experience with a Whale watching excursion in Dominica? We are going in November and HAL does not offer this excursion - I have checked some sites - but would love to hear someones review so I have something to go on. Thank you

We did the WW in Dominica and it was impressive. Had a "teen ager" acting out while Grandma hovered by. We know this because our Marine sci guide knew them individually. It was quite a show. Not sure if the whales are there when you are or perhaps HAL has not posted all the excursions. Check with the Exc. Dept. Also try http://www.avirtualdominica.com/crystal_blue/watching.cfm

I think they are the same outfit that HAL uses. I hope to see a blue whale in Mexico in March. There are several outstanding CD's about whales, I think "Blue Planet" is amazing...hope I got the name right, will check on it.

Blessings,

Gail

I did a Dominica whale watch and snorkeling excursion in November several years ago. We saw no whales at all, except a possible spinner (?) whale a long way distant. (Or maybe they just said it was, who could see that far?) The snorkle spot they took us to was great. Warm currents full of bubbles from volcanic vents. Like swimming in champagne. A decent number and variety of fish too.

Archived