Where to hang out at night?

Jen_ny

Anybody got recommendations on where to go out to drink?

I know there are companies that take you around drinkin (kokonuku or something like that) but i reahter get there by myself; and maybe bar hop

I will be in Aruba 'till 1am.

Can anyone help??? :)

Guest Host Tink

Hey Jenny,

If you are travelling by yourself, I *do not* recommend bar hopping alone. Spend the extra bux and take on the of the "bar hop busses", it's worth it, and A LOT of fun, you get to meet people, have a good time, ad you also quite often get coupons for free drinks at many of the stops.

:D

We had a great time at "Cafe Bahia" right next door to C & C's. They have no cover charge, cheaper/stronger drinks, and a live band. Also, if you walk across the main street and about a block back, there was a fantastic Salsa band with a more local crowd at the "Choose My Name" Bar. There's a neon sign and it's on the 2nd floor- can't miss it.

Thanks so much to both.

Host Tink, im not by myself i will be going with my bf and my parents, but we always break-up, do different things.

pholter - great info, i will make a note of it. Do you remember how much the beer were. Unfortunally i only drinks beers :p

Does Charlies' have cover charge? Do they have band?

Thanks again!

Jenny-

We were drinking Ritas and shots, so I don't know the prices of the beer, but in relation to our drink prices- the same or cheaper than the ship.

C & C's had a cover charge, either $6 or $9, expensive drinks, and no live band. Your entertainment is basically all the folks who got there before you who are already wasted! :) They have "hosts" that keep encouraging the drinking to keep the party going with a DJ.

I'm sure you'll find a great time wherever you decide to hang out that evening.

Thanks again!

Carlos N Charles does not have a cover charge if you get there earily in the evening, i have gotten there after 8pm and the cover charge was not in effect until 9pm. Yes the drinks are expensive but it is a place that your family can go and hang out together.

Thanks again!

Carlos N Charles does not have a cover charge if you get there earily in the evening, i have gotten there after 8pm and the cover charge was not in effect until 9pm. Yes the drinks are expensive but it is a place that your family can go and hang out together.

no worries the shipleaves at 5pm. Are there any happy hours around noonish?

[quote=caribbean dreams]Does Charlies' have cover charge? Do they have band?

Thanks again!

Holloway left Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular tourist-oriented bar and grill in Oranjestad, at about 1:00 a.m. on Monday, May 30 with Joran van der Sloot (17) and two companions, the brothers Deepak Kalpoe (21) and Satish Kalpoe (18), in Deepak's car.

Holloway remains officially missing to this day, although according to Aruban authorities she is unlikely to still be alive. The disappearance caused concern in the United States and Aruba along with a media sensation in both countries, as well as considerable interest in The Netherlands.

Archived