alaska aquafest cruise for sept. 2007...

wolfatlga

Greetings...

We were planning our first Alaska cruise and have noticed that aquafest had an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle on Holland of America.

We had read that May is the driest time to cruise Alaska and that September has the most rain. Any experience with Alaska and Aquafest would be appreciated.

Since, there were two days at sea, we thought going with a gay group might be fun, but our primary purpose was to see the glaciers and tourist stuff.

Thanks...

Wolf

September is usually colder than July or August. I have cruised Alaska in all three of these months and I found that there was much less animal and mammal life to be seen in September. It is hard to make a generalization about Alaska weather but in my experience July was the best. This year there were tremendous rains in July as well as floods so you never know.

We are doing the trip next week. If I can re-find this thread when we return, I'll try to answer any questions you might have about Alaska in September and Aquafest as well.

Don

Some friends of ours just got back from Alaska on Holland and had a wonderful time. They said the weather was OK..what they had expected for Alaska, a little rain and cool, but nothing to stop them from being outside and moving about like they had in July.

I got a nice email from Tom at Aquafest and they seem like a nice company to book with.

I'll look forward to your review...

Thanks..

Roy

wolfatlga@mindspring.com

Archived