Bathrooms on the NCL Majesty

marybeach

Please tell me about the size of the bathrooms on the Majesty. I'm sure the 108 sf cabins are way too small...but how about the 145 sf rooms. Pictures would be helpful. The lure of sailing from Charleston is great, but we have generally sailed HAL and have comparatively large bathrooms and cabins. I have a 6'5" BF who needs the space.

Thanks.

Please tell me about the size of the bathrooms on the Majesty. I'm sure the 108 sf cabins are way too small...but how about the 145 sf rooms. Pictures would be helpful. The lure of sailing from Charleston is great, but we have generally sailed HAL and have comparatively large bathrooms and cabins. I have a 6'5" BF who needs the space.

Thanks.

Bathrooms are tiny! Have stayed in both the 145 and 108 sf cabins and the bathrooms seemed the same size. My husband is 6'3" and says its small but he manages.

Just as a precaution, let me preface this by saying I am NOT criticizing the bathrooms, just responding to the OP's question.

When I was on the Majesty in June, a male passenger (6' tall, 200" lbs maybe) said he dropped the cap to his toothpaste and had to open the bathroom door to pick it up. Everyone got a big laugh.

As an experiment, from a seat on the toilet, I was able to turn on both the sink and shower faucets, grab a towel, and reach the hair dryer.

In two words, I would describe the bathrooms as "highly efficient."

The bathrooms are tiny. There's no other way to put it. As far as I can tell there's no difference between the two room sizes. It's an older ship and obviously bathroom space wasn't high on the list of priorities! As someone else said, it's not a criticism. It's just a fact. I love the Majesty. It always amazes me how they fit so many things into a small space. It's highly efficient.

One of the comedians on the Majesty said once that he just soaps up the walls, and spins himself around to shower. It's a bit small, but it's adequate, really. I am a big Majesty fan. I have stayed in regular and superior cabins, and have no preference. You don't spend much time in there except to sleep and shower. The only thing I like more about the superior cabins is more drawer space. I tend to overpack on every cruise.

The cruise joke which holds true for the Majesty is that when you see the bathroom for the first time it's a religious experience... people say "oh my G0d".. lol. Two people can fit in if one is in the shower..and it's true you can reach everything sitting on the toilet..lol We only get a superior cabin because we can pull the third bed out and Parrot Pop can p ut his clothes, because I always overpack.

Be very careful, on a rough sea day I slit my throat shaving my legs.

You are too funny, I can't stop laughing!!! :D I will have to have my legs waxed before I go the Majesty in October or risk having my obit read that I died shaving my legs! LOL

Re: shaving your legs.... I"m 5' 9". I tried shaving my legs and I couldn't. When I tried bending over, my butt hit the wall behind me and my head hit the wall in front of me. That will give you an idea of how small the showers are!!!!! LOL Shaving legs takes some creative thinking!!!!! :rolleyes:

Re: shaving your legs.... I"m 5' 9". I tried shaving my legs and I couldn't. When I tried bending over, my butt hit the wall behind me and my head hit the wall in front of me. That will give you an idea of how small the showers are!!!!! LOL Shaving legs takes some creative thinking!!!!! :rolleyes:

I just got back and didn't have that hard of a time. I just opened the curtain a bit and proped my foot on the toliet. Sure the bathroom flooded a bit, but nothing too serious!

Archived