Back from the Legend!

JrzCruiser

Hello to all

My husband Mark and my two sons Eddie (17) and Ronnie (14) were also on the cruise. For those of us who chatted on-line prior to the cruise, it was difficult to meet up. As Mindy pointed out, we did the tour with her family in Tortola and Dan called us and we met for drinks a couple of times. To bad we couldn't meet up - guess the lesson is to have a back up plan given the bar we picked was only available for teenagers.

We had a good cruise too - I got a little scared with the rough seas the last night and my kids didn't appreciate it when I asked them to sleep with their life jackets on. After we got off the ship we sat at the airport until our 7:30 departure (flight delayed) and by the then the weather had gotten worse - our flight back to Toronto was rough rough rough.

Our waiter, Acmad (late sitting, lower level) was very good, we quite enjoyed his company. Our room steward Raj was fantastic, can't say enough good things about the service he provided.

We bought 1 fountain card - it was $39. I wouldn't recommend it, too much pop although it is really handy for the kids.

All drinks purchased automatically have a 15% service charge added. We had two balcony rooms, side by side. Raj our room steward always seemed to know where our kids were. He'd see me looking for them and he'd say - Eddie is in the gym, he's been there for about an hour, should be back soon - I was so impressed.

We didn't think the choice of food for dinner was as good as other cruises we've been on, especially for the kids. Although you could order as much as you wanted, you had to stick the menu (realize this makes sense, but on other cruises, that hasn't been the case). Our steaks went from bleeding to being over cooked. The last night's meal was fantastic I must say. Salads are simply lettuce, nothing fancy or different.

I was really thrilled to book an 8 day cruise with 4 full days at sea, and I loved it - however, the kids felt it was too much time on the ship and would have preferred more islands - live and learn. They made lots of friends. The 02 club was for 15-17 year olds, but they did let our 14 year old in after we requested it as long as he stayed with his older brother (you can imagine how popular that was with his brother!)

Given we flew in from Toronto, it was nice to sail from New York, vs. Florida.

I was quite surprised at the long line ups to get on board since we had completed our quick pass thing - the last cruise we were able to skip the line ups and were on in litterally 5 minutes. Not a big deal, but just a surprise.

Our room was clean and well laid out, but I am glad our boys had their own rooms.

I hired a personal trainer and spent 4 hours with her. Other than the fact I couldn't climb stairs for two days (litterly) after the training - it was well worth the money and I would strongly recommend it for anyone interested. They do a metabolic review, fat content (nasty results) water retention and show you every step of the way with a work out schedule. It includes nutrition review, menu preparation etc.....really really worth the time & money and super friendly staff - even though these folks have killer, no fat, super lean bodies, they never make you feel bad when you're going through the drill.

One word of caution - we saw at least 20 people fall on this cruise. The floors around the pool are really slippery - and as you would think they would be by the pool, but for some reason, people were falling all the time - watch what you wear on your feet.

Oh, another word of caution for non-americans - be very careful with your ID - I was almost stranded in San Juan - as non-americans, we are classified as aliens (always wanted to be called an alien) and US law requires the ship to take your passports - not a big deal, you have no control, but it is the norm. Take photocopies of your passports - you can't get back on the ship without them and Carnival won't let you have them (they have no choice). Customs just kept telling me it was Carnivals fault but I couldn't get back on without it. My husband had to go back on the ship and talk with the cruise officials, get photocopies of our passports before they would let me back on. I have huge respect for security, but be forwarned and be prepared with backup or you will be left behind - customs had no intention of getting Carnival to help and provide a copy of my passport. We spoke with Carnival about this after I got back on (which took over 1.5 hours) and they agree they need to let passengers know about this and provide them with copies of their confiscated passports.

Room service was really fast and good quality. What a treat to order a plate of cookies or vegies and have it arrive in 5 minutes - limited selection, but good.

Hope this helps anyone cruising soon and for those of you whom I met on line through cruise critics but not in person - perhaps next time. Mindy & Dan, it was great meeting you and your families, chatting and having a drink. Mindy - say hi to your Mom - what a great sport she is.

Mindy - I have now fully unpacked and cannot find your email address, could you pls. send it to me at draycott6742@rogers.com

Thanks

Cindy

Hey poppa daddyo

Sorry, no mini golf. They do have a PGA golf guy there offering lessons - my youngest son attended a private session and thought it was fantastic. They also have putting contests a couple of times during the week, but no mini putt.

Cindy

Hey poppa daddyo

Sorry, no mini golf. They do have a PGA golf guy there offering lessons - my youngest son attended a private session and thought it was fantastic. They also have putting contests a couple of times during the week, but no mini putt.

Cindy

Thank you for the reply. At least you are a sensible person in here. I asked since I know the Legend was adding it in the near future. I just did not know when.

Archived