Help with Jr. Suite 1612 on Explorer of the Seas

jalakim

I am booked for the Christmas 2007 sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. I have Jr Suite 1612, cause it looked like it may have a bigger balcony. However I have been reading about this same cabin number on another ship ( in the same class) which said there is a large obstruction in the middle of the balcony and that in fact the balcony is narrower than other Jr. suites.

Does anyone know if this is true for the Explorer? I would really appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

Thanks

kim

My parents had 1312 on the AOS - same cabin as 1612, just on the other side of the ship. The cabin was fantastic and the balcony was a great size. There was no obstruction whatsoever on the balcony of 1312, so I don't think there would be one across the hall......

The hump location was terrific :)

I hope Robyn's right. I'll let you know when I get that e-mail back from the ship. If anyone out there has pictures of that JS balcony you could reassure several of us furture cabin residents if you would post them or e-mail them to us . We would all appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Dawn

I don't go until December 2007. I , also, have changed my cabin to 9618, dead center of the hump. I didin't want to take any chances and when taht one became available, I grabbed it. My husband prefers the center of the hump. Still I would be very interested in finding out about the obstruction anyway for future bookings.

Thanks

kim

Well, Lisa called me from C&A and this cabin does have a partially obstructed view. I would think the same of 1312. The structure of the ship cuts the balcony opening in half as well as a pole coming down in the middle of it. I'm not sure what I want to do. A couple cabins have opened up but the people we are traveling with are right across the hall. We planned our cabins based on this and the availabilty at the time we booked 3 months ago. There are no cabins in their category available near any of the JS's available at this point.

Hope this is helpful to others. Don't know what I'm going to do. Guess I'll call C&A tomorrow while DH isn't home. He gets pretty upset when things don't go as planned.

Well, DH and I have decided to wait it out. I have us waitlisted for 1628 which does not appear to be obstructed, but otherwise we really like the location, close to stairs and elevators and our friends so we will keep this cain unless 1628 becomes available. I doubt this will happen though. So I should have pictures for all interested parties in February. I will be nice to have some for all upcoming cruises. I'll bookmark this page and check back then.

Archived