MV Discovery - Wonders of Antiquity Cruise

snoopyontrinity

Is anybody else sailing on the Wonders of Antiquity cruise on MV Discovery ex London on November 6th or Aqaba on November 8th?

I have been trying to find out what shore excursions are being offered and wonder if we have not received details because we live in Australia.

If I am unable to obtain the details - and prices as Discovery World Cruises website always gives the price of shore excursions as TBA! - I will have to book independant tour operators. We have two days in Safaga and aren't willing to risk missing out on an overnight trip to Luxor.

Is anybody else having the same problem?

Two days ago I booked a Red Sea cruise on Discovery that sails in 2007. I asked about the excursions and was told they would not be posted for some time but would probably be the same as the 2006 excursions. I believe the agent told me the 2006 excursions should be posted on the Discovery web site during the middle of September 2006. In other words in 2-3 weeks.

We recently took a Norwegian cruise on Discovery and were sent a few weeks before departure a shore excusions booklet that listed all the tours available for northern waters, along with a form for advanced booking. Unless there are any last minute changes the tours are the same for each voyage destination. Some tours can only be booked when you are aboard, but some of the ones bookable in advance were full when we boarded.

I am not sure about the excursions being available on the web site, but I would e mail Discovery and ask if the info can be e mailed to you when available, though your agent should be the one to do this if they are up to the job.

We found Discovery staff good to deal with.

David.

Archived