Infinity Cabin 8172

englishlee

englishlee,

Have not sailed in an AFT CC cabin yet, but will in October to Hawaii. I have been in friends AFT CC cabin on Summit. You didn't say where or when you sail.

As you must know, yours is an AFT CC Cabin with rear facing 10 X 20 balcony. Should have two loungers, small table, two chairs and large table on balcony.

All of the M class ships (Millinneum, Infinity, Summit, Constellation) have similar cabin layouts. Cabins 8170 and 8185 in the pictures on site I'm referring you to are AFT CC on same deck as yours. Mine will be Infinity 8185.

Celebrity_Ships_Cabin_Pictures

If you like sitting on your balcony - this is a great cabin.

We have been in it 3 times.

Balcony is covered so even if its raining you can sit out there and if you want sun you just have to go out to the

end and sit.

We have watched whales and dolphins following the ship, beautiful sailaways from ports and glaciers and

just mezmerizng wakes in the moonlight.

The balcony is large enough for a large table, 2 chairs, 2 small tables and 2 semi-reclining chairs that I fall asleep in way too much.

You will not be sorry - these cabins are hard to grab.

California Dreaming - we had an aft on our Hawaii cruise and had a great view of the volcano lava flowing to the sea. It was night and the bright red really stood out and you could hear the hiss as the lava hit the water.

You will love it..

scooter421, Thanks, we will be looking for that if the opportunity arises on our cruise.

Don't know when you have the cabin booked, but we'll be in it for the Panama Canal transit in November. I am really looking forward to my first Celebrity cruise in an aft cabin, which I found out about from reading these great boards!

I have that cabin booked for Hawaii April 2007 and had a chance to view the same cabin on the Summit last month. Since they are similiar ships, we are looking forward to having this room for the extra balcony space and a slightly larger interior space.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Sounds like we've chosen well. We won't actually be using it until 01 March 2008 when we do the Valparaiso - Buenos Aires sailing. The reason we chose the aft cabin was so that we could get better views without necessarily going up on deck, the fact that it is part overhung by the deck above is a bonus and will help us avoid getting too wet when rains (as it inevitably will down there) but we'll still be able to watch the world sail by !

We got upgraded on a Regent (Radisson) ship last year to an aft cabin and we loved it hence the reason we've booked so early this time so that we can get a similar cabin on the Infinity.

Thanks again.

We just returned last week from our Alaskan cruise with Celebrity/Infinity and had CC Aft 8172 - you will love it!!!!

The balcony measured 11 x 20 (my husbands foot with his shoe on was just shy of 12"). We comfortably had 4 couples on the deck for drinks and viewing relaxing.

There are two padded chairs and two padded lounge chairs; table to eat at (2 max for a meal) and two smaller side tables for alongside the chairs. We would have room service deliver our coffee and fruit around 6:30 and sit on the balcony and enjoy the views (even the rain or fog!!!); then head up to the main dining room around 8 am. We had lunch a couple of times as well.

It was the most relaxing cruise vacation I have had as we spent a lot of time on the balcony viewing the Inside Passage and reading.

We would leave the sliding door open at night and hear the sound of the ocean - no airconditioning or heat was left on in the room. The bed linens were nice and crisp and I really liked the duvets.

The only disappointment I had (very minor point) - we never came back to our room at night and had the towel decorations that everyone else seemed to have. Perhaps our cabin steward did not know who to make them up - otherwise he was fine.

I am totally sold on a CC aft back cabin and will do it all again (in two years!!)

Archived