Doubletree airport hotel JFK NYC

The Big Booper

We are flying out of NY to LA for a cruise. The thought was to drive to the airport the night before, stay at the Doubletree Hotel and then use the hotel shuttle to the airport. The hotel offers 2 weeks free parking in this situation. Has anybpdy done this? How secure is the parking lot?

Thanks

We left our car for 10 days when we flew out of NYC, the only probelm we had was that our battery was dead when we got back!! They were very kind and one of the workers gave us a jump. We came from PA to get a cheaper flight and it was well worth it.

We left our car for 10 days when we flew out of NYC, the only probelm we had was that our battery was dead when we got back!! They were very kind and one of the workers gave us a jump. We came from PA to get a cheaper flight and it was well worth it.

• 4 months later...

Hey - how did the park sleep fly at this hotel work out for you guys? We're going to be using it in a month for our cruise -- since our flight out is so early in the morning (6am), we decided to do this since it only costs a hair more than using Avistar for the week.

We are flying out of NY to LA for a cruise. The thought was to drive to the airport the night before, stay at the Doubletree Hotel and then use the hotel shuttle to the airport. The hotel offers 2 weeks free parking in this situation. Has anybpdy done this? How secure is the parking lot?

Thanks

The lot is pretty secure. That whole area is more secure than others.

The hotel isn't bad. DO NOT eat there.....the breakfast is a million bucks and it is horrible. There isn't anything around to eat really so find a DUnkin Donuts or something...or eat at the airport.

Service wise, it wasn't great. BUT it had just been reflagged as a doubletree last sept so that may explain it. I wound up getting a refund of half the rate (over 100$$) due to complaints I made.

Overall it was better than other choices in the area...and cheaper. Just make sure of how many days you can park. I got 12 for one rate (about 200 afer all the taxes). You may get different answers depending on whom you speak with.

MonaCK...we had the park n fly. Again, not a bad deal. It was less than other places.

You self park in the garage. You can access the hotel from the garage so you can skip the bellman if one is around (that was a BIG problem...they were always flirting!!!! Really!)

There is a tiny market about 3 blocks up, I mean TINY. I would drive to a grocery store if needed.

Again, dining options stink! I think we had breakfast included. It was 15 bucks or so, but honestly I would not pay for it. It was sef serve which is fine, but everything was cold, even the hot stuff. It's OK in a pinch, but unless it is part of the rate, or they improved it since Sept, don't pay for it. Oh, we got it free because a bunch of requests went unanswered for many hours...that's it...finally my brain works!!

Archived