Mercury evening entertainment

brass

We just returned from Mercury Alaska. I'll get my complete review posted in a day or so. But, to answer your question, there are two complete shows every evening, so if you eat early, you do the later show; if you eat late, you do the early show. You don't miss anything.

Shows were good to excellent. Jean Claude and Gabby were very much worth seeing. While not evening entertainment, make sure you go to the lectures by Brent Nixon. He is absolutely the best.

We also just got back on 9/1 from the Mercury Alaska trip, what a beautiful week, really only 1 day of rain in Juneau. We also enjoyed the entertainment very much, the arealists were the best evening shows. The Celebrity singers/dancers did their debut week and were very energetic. The first formal night they did a big show and it was kind of rocky, they had a bit of trouble with some of the lifts and tosses, but they will work that out quick enough. I would suggest that everyone take a Bonine tablet that day just in case. I understand that Saturday is the rockiest day and even if you are not prone to getting seasick, better safe than sorry.

I agree with the above to not to miss the ship's Natualist-Brent Nixon (very passionate about his work). We had a good comedian one night, although the audience was a bit tired that night he was still fun. One night was a venquilatrist, not really my thing but my son loved the show.

Have an awesome trip!

i too agree with both reviews given about the entertainment aboard the Mercury....it was the best i have seen on a cruise ship.;..there is no=way u can miss a show if u really want to see it....and by all means be sure not to miss any of them....i can't wait to sail with celebrity again:)

One minor correction to the earlier posters: If you have late seating dinner, sometimes your show will be before dinner and some nights it will be after. (I can't remember how many of which...) I believe on our 7/7 cruise there was only one show (the comedian?) one evening, for both dinner seatings, but other than that, there were two shows/night.

Jean-Claude and Gaby are definitely not to be missed. DH also enjoyed the classical pianist (who performed at one evening show and one afternoon concert). The singers and dancers were also very good. We weren't fans of Brent Nixon--you either love him or you don't... (I heard one fellow guest commenting as we were at the glacier: "The wind is so noisy you can't hear yourself think, but at least it's drowning out that guy's annoying commentary!")

Archived