Time Zone Question

devlshways

When Carnival post an arrival time to a specific port. Is the arrival time posted the time of the port we're arriving in, or the port of departure time? I guess what I need to know, is do they change the clocks on the ship according to the time zone we're in? Kinda need to know for when it comes time to book an excursion.

Thanks!

Different ships seem to do it different ways. We have been on some cruises that we stayed on ship's time and some that change to port time. You might want to add the ship's name and itinerary and someone who has been on it recently can give you more accurate info or go to your roll call and find the info our from them

Just returned from the Inspiration and we stayed on ship time. We did not change to Cozumel time. When we arrived it was 7am in Cozumel but 8am on the ship and they kept reminding people to stay on ship time, do not ask locals what time it is. I really don't remember if other ships changed time or not.

Thanks to all who replied, I suppose that if it is ship time, not port time, we won't have to worry about being late, since we're leaving out of Tampa. If a shore excursion begins at 8 Belize time, that means it's 10 ship time and we will have been in port for 2 hours already.... I think. LOL

Not gonna worry about it too much.

Thanks again!

You can always check the correct ship's time on the tv in your room. There will be a screen with lots of info like weather, time, etc. On our last cruise it did change with the time zones so I checked the tv daily and made sure our watches were correct before leaving the cabin.

Archived