Costa Boarding Procedures?

BambiRumsey

We booked on the Magica for 12/17/06 and I have done my documentation on line already.

I have read a few things on this board about your room key being in your room and having to go to guest services once you get on board to get your sign and sail?

What is they deal? I thought with newer cruise ships your sign and sail was your room key? How many lines will I have to wait in just to get on board and get all the cards I need? Did I waste my time by filling out my citizenship and passport stuff online because I will have to fill out a form by hand anyway?

I just want to know what to expect. Anyone sail the Magica to the Caribbean in the last year or so that can tell me what they went through?

Hi Jennifer

The room key card is your charge card too, to pay for things on the ship. This will be waiting for you in your cabin. AT SOME STAGE during your cruise, you will need to go to guest services to give your credit card details, but it does not need to be done immediately. Costa trusts you, and the charge card is good from the 1st minute.

This has always been a big moan on this board, as people always complain that they "had to" wait inline again after boarding. You dont! Go anytime when you see the desk is quiet, and ignore the line on the 1st day.

Have a great trip! We`ll be following along the week after you.

Taf

so my room key which is also my sign and sail is sitting on my bed in my cabin and my sign and sail is activated before I give my credit card????

What is to stop someone from just walking into my room and picking up this card and me being responsible for their charges?

And how do they know I even got on the boat if they don't swipe my sign and sail and take my picture when I board like on other cruise lines?

Archived