We're Booked on the Constellation!! Have Some Questions.

osiebosie

We just booked our cabin. Right now we are in 2000, which is an ov cabin on the continental deck. We're cool with it, but are hoping some cabins that are being held come available. There's one balcony, 6018, that may come available, and three cc cabins, 7198, 8177, and 8149 that may come available. I am concerned with 8149 and it's proximity to the elevators. If anyone has any input on that one I'd appreciate hearing it.

My daughter and son-in-law are in cc class. I don't know if we can hang with them if we're not in cc class while waiting in line for embarkation and tenders. Does anyone know?

We are so excited! We've sailed with Celebrity before, but it was eight years ago on the Galaxy. We took a 16-day cruise through the Panama Canal. It was the best cruise we've ever had. I imagine this one will be right up there with that one.

I have five weeks to get ready and figure out what in the world I will pack for cold weather. Does anyone know how many formal nights we will have? I don't have my docs yet, and I don't have a book either. I need to pick one up.

We tried to sign up for the Captain's/Admiral's Club, but you have to be a past guest to sign up. Well, we've sailed X before, but it was before they had the club, so they have no record of our sailing. The guy asked me if I had any paperwork from that cruise to prove that we sailed. :o "Uhh, no, that was eight years ago," I replied. I said we had pictures, but no paperwork. Believe it or not, he said a picture would suffice, but, alas, I have packed them away and don't know right where they are. There would be no benefit for us from the Club anyway, according to the Celebrity agent, unless we end up staying in the 2000 cabin. Then we would get a break in the price. Oh, well.

If anyone has any secrets or suggestions for me, I sure would appreciate it.

Are there hair dryers in the cabins? What if we are in the ov cabin? Are the hair dryers the same in all cabins? We cruised a few weeks ago on Carnival, and there were hair dryers, but they weren't very good, and I will pack my own if I need to. On Carnival, you had to hold the button down the whole time you wanted the hair dryer to run.

Thanks for all of your input. Btw, my daughter is pregnant, so there's actually five of us traveling together!!! :p She will be about 18 weeks along. Talk about finding clothes that fit!!

Speaking of clothes, I see there's no laundromat, so does anyone have any idea of the pricing of them doing laundry for you? I know it's a general question, but we'll have to have some stuff washed.

Guess how we decided on this trip!?! We had an RV trip planned when my daughter asked us to go along with her and her dh. We went back and forth for two days, and finally wrote "RV" on a piece of paper and "CRUISE" on another. I folded them each about four times, George put them in a mug, shook them up and drew one. I had the honor of reading what came out. It said CRUISE! So, here we are planning our trip! We'll just have to RV some other time.

Excited,

Shay

...you will have a terrific time! How I envy you, being able to cruise with your daughter. (My daughter amd SIL are also expecting our first grandchild in March).

We sailed on the Constellation last November, from Cape Liberty to San Juan. The Constellation had everything I wanted from a cruise...great food, wonderful service and a great relaxing, but fun, atmosphere. It has an understated elegance that we really appreciate. We had wonderful tablemates, and we met great people everywhere we went on the ship.

We sailed Concierge Class, and really enjoyed all the perks. We are booked CC on our next two cruises, in November on the Summit and April on the Millennium.

Looking at the cabins you might have to choose from, I would pick 8149. The Panorama Deck is great and I don't think there will be any noise from the elevators...you are around the corner and down the hall four cabins from the elevator. There's been a good thread going in the last day or two about cabins near the elevators and I think everyone said that there were no noise issues at all.

If you do finally get a CC room...be sure you know about all the perks. The pillow menu is especially great...I had down pillows, DH had foam pillows and i loved the body pillow. The bed was comfortable, but a bit on the firm side, so we ordered the "egg-crate" toppers right away, and we slept very well. If you think you'll need the toppers, order them from your steward as soon as you can, because I understand that sometimes there can be more demand than availability.

I've also read on several threads that there is no problem at all with embarking with family members who are CC when you're not, but I don't know about tenders.

CC class has two hairdryers...the one in the cupboard below the sink is much better than the one on the wall. I have shoulder length hair, and it was fine for me, although not as good as my one at home. But in my case, I don't think I would bother lugging one along for the difference.

The laundry/drycleaning service is reasonably priced; they did a very good job, and the service was prompt. I hear you get priority laundry service if you are CC.

I hope you are blessed with great weather, and that you get to see lots of the fall colour. Whatever the daytime weather, it will definitely be crisp in the evenings. Layering would be my strategy, and I guess I'd probably pack my gore-tex jacket.

Oh...and be sure to go to the specialty restaurant one night....it was really worth the $30. pp extra cost. (The optional wine-matching menu was also worth the $27.pp fee.)

I know you will have a wonderful trip...good luck with everything. :)

We just booked our cabin. Right now we are in 2000, which is an ov cabin on the continental deck. We're cool with it, but are hoping some cabins that are being held come available. There's one balcony, 6018, that may come available, and three cc cabins, 7198, 8177, and 8149 that may come available. I am concerned with 8149 and it's proximity to the elevators. If anyone has any input on that one I'd appreciate hearing it.

No problem with elevator for 8149. We were in 8142 at elevator entrance and had no problem there. Cabin 6018 is a 2C with an oversized (2X) balcony. I would probably choose 8149 CC for location and CC amenities if the price is not too much higher than 6018.

My daughter and son-in-law are in cc class. I don't know if we can hang with them if we're not in cc class while waiting in line for embarkation and tenders. Does anyone know?

Embarkation, no problem, just go with them and inform staff you are together. Tenders, they get priority tickets, they could request extra ones for you and see what happens.

Does anyone know how many formal nights we will have? I don't have my docs yet, and I don't have a book either. I need to pick one up.

Look here for dress code and dining attire schedules for cruises.

If anyone has any secrets or suggestions for me, I sure would appreciate it.

Use the thalassotherapy pool and eat at Aqua Spa cafe on deck 10 forward.

Order shrimp coctail for appetizer any night in main dining.

Steak or chicken any night in main dining.

Try the Sushi Bar on deck 10 rear. Sandwiches, soup, salad there for lunch. Waffles there for breakfast.

Are there hair dryers in the cabins? What if we are in the ov cabin? Are the hair dryers the same in all cabins?

All cabins have hair dryers. The CC cabins have and additional hair dryer under the sink that is portable and is supposed to be better than the built in one I think.

Speaking of clothes, I see there's no laundromat, so does anyone have any idea of the pricing of them doing laundry for you? I know it's a general question, but we'll have to have some stuff washed.

Find laundry pricing here.

Excited,

Shay

By the way, you never mentioned where or how long your cruise is.

Thank you both for the great info. I'm printing it out right now.

We are taking the Canada/New England cruise leaving on October 16 for 11 nights. We are very excited about cruising with the "three" of them, my dd, my sil, and my (new abbreviation ~ drumroll please...) nybgbdktsy! (That's not yet born grandbaby don't know the sex yet, in case you didn't figure it out.) I'll probably shorten it to gb. :)

I think I won't pack my hairdryer. And I'll definitely have to have laundry done, so I can pack less clothes. Packing winter clothes is much more difficult than summer clothes.

I'm really hoping we can upgrade, but if not, we'll still have a blast. It'll just be a much longer walk to their cabin, and the walk won't hurt us at all. ;)

Shay

Archived