Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

I submitted some bids for 4* & 3.5* starting at $81, then $83, and then $84. I decided to try one more time before giving up for today...I didn't have high hopes. But, lo and behold.....

Priceline

Zone 8

1 Room

1 night, Apr. 15, 2012

Bid: $87 accepted

Total w/ taxes: $104.71

Sheraton Old San Juan

Needless to say, I am thrilled!!!

I submitted some bids for 4* & 3.5* starting at $81, then $83, and then $84. I decided to try one more time before giving up for today...I didn't have high hopes. But, lo and behold.....

Priceline

Zone 8

1 Room

1 night, Apr. 15, 2012

Bid: $87 accepted

Total w/ taxes: $104.71

Sheraton Old San Juan

Needless to say, I am thrilled!!!

That is a great price!

Had no success at a lower rate and then someone else on our cruise won the Marriott at this price so I bid at $151 and won. Hope this helps someone else out.

Priceline

Zone 8

1 Room

2 nights, 1/24/2013 and 1/25/2013

Bid: $151 accepted

Marriott Stellaris in Condado

New to the "priceline thing".

I have been bidding for a resort / 4* for Jan 19, 2013. I have started at $95 and I am upto $131 now after 4 days of trying. I have seen others winning those categories for less, am I doing something wrong?

I bid zone 8 which I want and added zones 1 & 4 which don't have those category of hotels.

IDK, ready to give up :( so any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Bob

I'm not having any luck either for jan 25-27 2013. Thankfully we have plenty of time until January. Worst case scenario, I'll book on Hotwire. Every few weeks they feature another few hotels. We seem to be doing everything right, I'll post if and when i find a deal.:D

New to the "priceline thing".

I have been bidding for a resort / 4* for Jan 19, 2013. I have started at $95 and I am upto $131 now after 4 days of trying. I have seen others winning those categories for less, am I doing something wrong?

I bid zone 8 which I want and added zones 1 & 4 which don't have those category of hotels.

IDK, ready to give up :( so any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Bob

We need something for January 25 and bid steady for a month going from $95 up to $130 and got nothing for a resort. In the past years we have always paid somewhere in this range for around the end of January. DH finally said to heck with it and we won the Marriott Stellaris at $151. Saved a lot of money on our flights this year so the extra $40 wasn't that big of a deal we thought. I don't know what has changed about bidding this year.

-Kristi

I needed two rooms for 2 nights post cruise. I have been trying for a couple of weeks on priceline. Tried to get a resort zone 8, went over 100 with no luck. Decided to lower my expectations and go for a 3 1/2 star. I ending getting the Radisson again. Last year I got the Marriott Stellairs for $115 pre and post cruise. Guess those prices are gone.

2 Rooms 2 nights for a total of $388. It's a good price, I just wanted to stay else where for our post cruise.

This was my first time to try price line. I use biddingtraveler.com to guide me. I went lower than they suggested and started at $80 and won on my first try. I got the Radisson for Dec. 21-22. I'm pretty happy with that.

Just booked the 3* Courtyard marriott in miramar for 99.00 a night on Priceline

2 nights just about 220.00 with tax Jan 25-27 2013

I'm satisfied:)

Now if only Jet blue would release the fares for late Jan:rolleyes:.

I just did the exact same bid for Feb. 1-2 and won. Thanks Queennewbie,

We have stayed there a few times. For one night pre-cruise, no frills at all, it's fine and I'm satisfied as well :)

I have never bid before on hotels. I need two rooms for January 25 - 26 and two more rooms for January 26, 2013. Any suggestions on how to get us in the same hotel? :):o

I have never bid before on hotels. I need two rooms for January 25 - 26 and two more rooms for January 26, 2013. Any suggestions on how to get us in the same hotel? :):o

I'm a little confused. Are you saying you need two rooms for 1/25-26 and then two rooms for 1/26-27? Are these for different people or are you really needing two rooms for 1/25-27??

Bidding is simple, but there are no guarantees at all on what you will get if you are using priceline. I usually check out these boards to see what hotels are winning bids to know what price range to use a starting point for the hotel I'd like to get. I also go to betterbidding.com for more information and helpful hints.

For example, I like staying in the Condando Beach area since I like staying on the beach and it's within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and a Walgreens for last minute items and a liquor store. I normally stay at the Marriott Stellaris or LaConcha (another Marriott hotel but it's 4 stars and not a resort). If I would like to win one of these I will look here first and see if anyone is winning these hotels. Right now others are winning the Marriott Stellaris for around $150, which is still over half price what you'd pay if you booked directly with the hotel. If you look at priceline the Marriott is running $270 per night for 1/25-26 (if you pay for it outright). Click on the star rating to sort by the ratings and you will see what hotels fall within each category. There are only 4 hotels that fall within the Resort category in the San Juan PR area. The Marriott Stellaris, Caribe, Conrad and Condado. If you were to bid on Resorts only in the San Juan, PR area (Zone 8), you would win one of these hotels, and most likely the Marriott since it has been winning alot lately for next year but that's no guarantee. You will probably have to pay $150 for that hotel.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Thanks so much for your help. I sometimes talk in code, sorry. Four of us are flying to San Juan on Friday January 25th so I need two rooms for Friday night and Saturday night. My son and daughter in law and another couple are flying in on Saturday January 26th and I need two rooms for Saturday night. A total of two rooms for friday night and four rooms for saturday night. We want to stay in the same hotel. I have never bid on rooms before so you have been so helpful to me. Thanks again. :o:o:o