Laundry on QM2

imacruizer

Beth,

I used them a couple of weeks ago. They are just fine. They come in little packets. The instructions tell you to throw the packet in whole, which I have always done. I have never had a problem with them. Maria was the one who had the problesm. I think she opened the packet and put the soap directly on her clothes. It left blue stains and I think she had to wash them a couple of more times. I don't believe anything was ruined-ruined, like permanently, but mighty inconvenient if you were planning on wearing tht outfit in a couple of hours!

If you use them, one thing you need to remember. (Which I forgot) I thought the damn washers were broken because they didn't start when I started them. Well, you have to remember to put the lid down for them to start filling DUH!! You'd think after two cruises and using them several times, I would remember!

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. 10 deck had 3 machines (at the forward end of the mini-corridor which serves the inside cabins, starboard side) 8 deck has, I think 2 of each machine, aft of the C Stairway port side. Can't tell you about any other decks. I seem to remember someone mentioning one deck has like SIX machines! I think they lock them up at 10 PM. So be aware of opening and closing time, especially on a longer trip, and near the end of the trip. The irons are DYNAMITE! I've used four different branded ones, including one with a separate water tank on 8 deck. They were all really nice ones.

Let me know when you're going. I'll send you down a couple of loads of my clothes!

<EG>

Karie,

Who wishes she were going with either you OR Penny and David and the rest of the gang! (if only to see David in that nifty new tux of his!) Oh yeah, and to see how many suitcases Penny gets on with for 7 days. Let's see, how many purses, shoes, gowns.....

Beth...I remember reading somewhere that they don't provide fabric softener so pack some of the little sheets just in case I'm right. I'd be lost without those little sheets...instant de-wrinkler...just pop one in the dryer and the little wrinkles go away.(on some fabrics...NOT linen!! :( )

OK Karie...just for that you'll have to come on the cruise with us to see how many suitcases I really take. I am a MASTER of packing...but I'm still trying to figure out just how much I can cram into 2 29 inch suitcases...a couple of carry-ons...and of course a shoe bag of some sort...and the gown bag....and.....:p Is she making fun of me folks?;) cheers, Penny

Beth...I remember reading somewhere that they don't provide fabric softener so pack some of the little sheets just in case I'm right. I'd be lost without those little sheets...instant de-wrinkler...just pop one in the dryer and the little wrinkles go away.(on some fabrics...NOT linen!! :( )

OK Karie...just for that you'll have to come on the cruise with us to see how many suitcases I really take. I am a MASTER of packing...but I'm still trying to figure out just how much I can cram into 2 29 inch suitcases...a couple of carry-ons...and of course a shoe bag of some sort...and the gown bag....and.....:p Is she making fun of me folks?;) cheers, Penny

No fabric spftener sheets. Don't ever use those on polyester. They leave a nasty stain.

Don't forget the hat bag(s) ..for the Ascot Ball. Or will you be having a piirate ball. Well, the case for your ***** and cutlass... Ahoy Mateys

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rhum! (I'll drink to that!)

Arrgh!

Karie

Thanks so much, Karie. That really helps. I knew that someone had posted about a problem with the detergent. You have solved the mystery. Now I don't have to pack detergent!! Penny, thanks for the reminder about dryer sheets. Can you two come to Tennessee next week and help me pack???? You two are the best!

Beth

I used the QM2 laundry 2-3 times and recollect that the detergent they provide had an unpleasant odor as opposed to what I am used to at home. I bought travel size packages of Tide and Downy for the QE2 world cruise I am booked on from a cool website called minimus (dot) biz.

I also recommend boxing gloves as well.

Enjoy the cruise!

Well, Beth, I prefer Eastern Tennessee. Could you move, please?

Of course I will help you pack. As long as I get to go along!

And BTW, (You Florida folks best keep our moufs shut right now)

GO VOLS!!!!

(Hey they only won by one point, In the SEC that's not even worth splitting up families over. Did I mention my sister went to U of F, I went to UT and my Dad went to U of Chatta which is now part of the UT system?)

Karie,

Who will allow Brits to calll her a yank, but never yankees and NEVER a southernuh! Them FIGHTIN' Words!

Well, come on down, Karie!! Sorry I just don't have time to move before we leave. However, if you and Penny can help me get all my clothes into one bag perhaps I can put both of you in my other bag!!!

Yes, it is football time in Tennessee and the SEC. If you have never lived in one of the SEC states, you cannot really relate to what a huge part of life SEC football is here. Of course, I am a transplanted Tennessean. I grew up on the campus of Mississippi State University so my blood still bleeds Maroon and White.

Beth

Well, come on down, Karie!! Sorry I just don't have time to move before we leave. However, if you and Penny can help me get all my clothes into one bag perhaps I can put both of you in my other bag!!!

Yes, it is football time in Tennessee and the SEC. If you have never lived in one of the SEC states, you cannot really relate to what a huge part of life SEC football is here. Of course, I am a transplanted Tennessean. I grew up on the campus of Mississippi State University so my blood still bleeds Maroon and White.

Beth

Beth,

This is the only time of year I actually like the color orange! (And I work for Cingular!)

Former Atlanta Constitution columnist and prolific Southern writer Lewis Grizzard (RIP) said every Southern child is born with a football in their hands.... and it's awfully hard on the mother!

It was hard for my Saturday knowing my dad would have called me to ask me if I watched the game (They don't show much SEC up here, and the University of Connecticut thinks they have a football team! More like a Grandma's quilting club, IMHO! "You call that football? Why my little sister plays tackle better than that and she's only got one leg!"

(It's a joke, folks, my little sister is perfectly fine!)

I don't know about this sharing of a suitcase...Karie, do you snore??? Beth my dear, you know we'd help if we could. We'll be your cheering section, how's that?;) When we say jump, sit on that suitcase and bounce!!!:eek:

Karie...I've never gotten a stain from fabric sheets...use them all the time...what's an iron???:rolleyes:

What did this thread start out to be...I've lost track!!:confused:

Cheers, Penny

Karie,

Can you get me somemore rollover minutes, I'm running low on my 3 Cells?:) Bill

You can have all of mine! I HATE talking on cell phones (Don't let my bosses see that!)

You know, the cobbler's kids go barefoot!

Everyone likes to razz me. The phone I usually use is an old (comfortable for us old folks- I'm 52) TDMA phone. (Really old technology) No real bells and whistles. It just makes and receives phone calls (imagine that!) And it fits in my car kit! (Illegal no in Connecticut to use a handheld while driving) And I have uncounted ones to choose from! (I usually carry about 5 of them at any given time! Plus a Blackberry and a wireless GPRS aircard) You should see me empty my purse in a bar! The looks I get!

Even though I am helping to put in the latest and greatest technology, I use the old tried and true. Like sailing on a steamship in the days when everyone else is going deisels and turbines or even jets!

Man, I am starting to get to that age where I feel obsolete.

Penny. I swear I don't snore- though Marc claims he heard me snoring around 4:30 this morning! I think it was him, though! He wakes his own self up snoring! (Yeah, I know that's not grammatically correct! It gets my point across!)

But I am really good at bouncing on suitcases to get them closed. I do NOT, however take responsibility for any damage...just like the airlines!

I keep refreshing the Lizzie CruiseCam. Ahhh. If only....If only <sigh!>

Karie

the old curmudgeon

P.S. Bill- thanks for paying my salary! So i can keep going on these cruises!<G>

Um, Could I have a raise?

Penny, this thread was about laundry so you are on topic. Now wasn't that easy!! Thanks for offering to be my cheering section. I'm sure I'll be needing it next week.

Karie, I loved Louis Grizzard!! He was a true Southern homorist! I can certainly relate to you missing your Father on football Saturdays. I'm sure that was hard. I can see that you know your football!!!! I'll give you a call when I need you to sit on my bag.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Deck 4 has 4 washers and 4 dryers. Two ironing boards and irons.

The laundry rooms are open 7:30 am to 9 pm.

And please don't forget to come back and empty your washer otherwise you'll find your clothes dumped in the basket in the corner.

last week one lady put her load in and went for breakfast and came back 2 hrs. later!

Archived