South America 11/2006

tedro

We recently booked a CC on Infinity for 14 day South America cruise from Ft.Lauderadle to Valparasio starting on 11/19/2006. Can anyone tell me about this cruise or is this route new?

CC - Millenium

Carnival - Legend

HAL - Zuiderdam

CC - Constellation

I don't believe that this is a new cruise. We were on the Jan 2006 cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires--many on board were doing a B2B which began at Ft. Lauderdale.

Last year the Millie did the cruise; this year the Infinity. I understand that the Millie did have some trouble when going from Valparaiso north at the end of the season; seems to me I read that some passengers who booked a private tour at one of the ports were killed when the bus they were on went off the road.

By the way, we'll be on the cruise you booked...we thought we needed to see the first half of the trip and the price was very very right:) .

I don't believe that this is a new cruise. We were on the Jan 2006 cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires--many on board were doing a B2B which began at Ft. Lauderdale.

Last year the Millie did the cruise; this year the Infinity. I understand that the Millie did have some trouble when going from Valparaiso north at the end of the season; seems to me I read that some passengers who booked a private tour at one of the ports were killed when the bus they were on went off the road.

By the way, we'll be on the cruise you booked...we thought we needed to see the first half of the trip and the price was very very right:) .

Thanks for the reply I am still getting a feel for the boards. I take it your from Austin,TX we are in North Dakota but used to live in Seguin TX. I too heard about the bus accident. The price was good but looks like had we waited we could have gotten better. Nice talking to you.

tedro, if you're beginning your cruise from Ft. Lauderdale then you are probably on the Dec. 3 cruise from Valparaiso. We are on the 12/3 from Valparaiso with you. We are a group of 4 couples. If you scroll down to the Destinations, South America and look at some of the older posts from last year you will get a wealth of information about this cruise and its ports.

tedro, if you're beginning your cruise from Ft. Lauderdale then you are probably on the Dec. 3 cruise from Valparaiso. We are on the 12/3 from Valparaiso with you. We are a group of 4 couples. If you scroll down to the Destinations, South America and look at some of the older posts from last year you will get a wealth of information about this cruise and its ports.

Thank you for the advice I will look at those posts. Unfortunately we could not get enough time off to continue the cruise from Valparaiso. (Still working stiffs you know) We will have to do it at another time. Have a good cruise with 4-couples I am sure you will have a blast.

Archived