Jack the driver

We have booked Jack the Driver for a tour of the Amalfi Coast/Pompeii in Oct., and in fact made a deposit. I've been trying to contact him by email for the last several weeks and have received no response. Has anyone had any recent dealings with him?

We used him in May and he was very responsive to our emails. Maybe he's on vacation. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the coast. We first went to the Herculium ruins(spelt wrong ) right from the ship and spent nearly 3 hours there . I'd highly recommend visiting it.

We have booked Jack the Driver for a tour of the Amalfi Coast/Pompeii in Oct., and in fact made a deposit. I've been trying to contact him by email for the last several weeks and have received no response. Has anyone had any recent dealings with him?

We also have Jack the Driver booked for the Amalfi Coast. We reserved him for Oct 11. What date do you have him booked for? I'm certainly hoping that you have him for later in October. I just emailed him tonight to re-confirm our reservation. I'll let you now if we hear from him.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned yesterday from our 9/16 Liberty Cruise, and spent the day with him on Sunday 9/17. I booked him in late June, and had excellent communication through e-mail with him. I did confirm with him about 2 weeks before we left, and he returned my e-mail the same day.

He was waiting on the dock - holding a paper with my name on it, and was very easy to locate. He had a very nice silver Mercedes van.

We started our day in Herculaneum, then headed down to the Amalfi coast. We stopped at an overlook at Sorrento, but did not stop for shopping, choosing to spend more time at the other smaller towns.

One thing you need to keep in mind - he is a private driver, not a tour guide. He mainly dropped us off at the places we wanted - and was very happy to answer questions for us. He did not accompany us at our stops.

We really enjoyed our day - stopping also at Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. We were back to the ship in plenty of time.

You'll enjoy his service.

Archived