NCL Sun Suite 8277 - back of ship - noise?

EdNottingham

Greetings,

We're planning our December cruise and thinking about splurging for a suite at the back of the ship, Viking (Deck 8), Cabin 8277. From what I can tell, it looks like that cabin is over the show lounge. Some years ago, we were on a Princess ship, had cabin over the lounge, and were not able to sleep many nights. Very bad experience.

So, any experiences with Cabin 8277 on the NCL Sun.

Thanks,

Ed Nottingham

The world is coming to an end!! Well, not really, but for a change we called NCL and actually got a straight, honest answer about a cabin and noise.

Yes, this cabin, despite it's price is over the show lounge, and it quite likely there will be considerable noise.

We changed cabins to one in the front - 8203

Now we can count the days :-)

Ed

We had 8077 on the Sun about a year and a half ago. You are correct in that these cabins are directly over the main theatre and it gets really loud because the speakers are mounted on the ceiling right underneath your room.

We loved being Aft though! You are going to have wind issues being forward and honestly I would perfer the noise.

The noise is ONLY during the main shows in that theatre. For the rest of the cruise it is as quiet as can be. We had a big problem because we were trying to put our young children to sleep in the early evenings. But, if you are AT the show or out and about the ship in the evenings you won't have a problem at all. The shows don't go on until all hours of the night.

I would choose this cabin again if it were only adults because I love being aft. The AC suites are really nice!

While I am not sure about the noise from the stage being on Deck 8. My wife and I were in 9077 in March. It was a great experience. Because of this we can no longer cruise unless we have an aft Balcony. It was fantastic.

My wife and I would highly recommend any aft balcony.

Crazycanucks.

What a great board and a great group of cruise fanatics :-) Thanks so much for the info. I agree that aft would be better, but we tend to be early to bed, early to rise types, and on the Grand we were up until very late hours because of the shows.

Thanks so much for the replies and info.

Ed

• 12 years later...