Constellation Question about Spa

osiebosie

We are cruising on the Constellation in three weeks. My daughter is coming with us, along with her dh, and she will be about 17 weeks pregnant. She is not allowed to get into a hot tub, or any type of water/room that turns your face red within a few minutes. What is this t-pool I keep reading about?

When we were on the Galaxy a few years ago, there was some type of pool in the spa that my dh and I got in. It was really nice. Is there something similar on the Constellation? Is there a fee? We are in concierge class. My daughter is trying to decide whether to pack her swimsuit or not. Is there a covered pool? (We're doing the Canada/New England cruise. It'll be cold.)

If she can go to the spa, wouldn't it be okay if she and her dh (and us) just wore our swimsuits with our cabin robe over them to the spa? It's just one deck above them, and two above us.

Her dr. visit is this Thursday, so we are trying to get as much info about the spa before asking him about it.

Thanks,

Shay

Hi Shay,

We were on the Constellation three times )last one in Dec 2005).

The Thalassotherapy pool is a pool in a nice covered area about 25 ft by about 15 feet about 3 feet deep, the water is sea water that is continuously pumped through send filters and heated ( not very hot)... if the ship is closer than 10 nautical miles from land then the water is recilculated in a closed loop and chlorine is added ( it can discolore swim suits).

On both sides of the pool there are some stainless steel round bars that form sort of a chaise and there are some jets around that pump the water (not very strong) at 'your body. It is open for all over 18 from 7am to 11 pm. There is a sign that advises not to be there more (I am not sure about the exact time) 20 or maybe 30 minutes ....maybe because of the warm water temp.

There is also a very nice Aqua Spa cafe - very good food........do not miss that....also not many people do but you can order their daily hot food special....very, very good....it takes about 15 minutes...they will bring your order to your table.

Wes

The water does not seem to be hot (do not know the exact temp) it is not even close to the temp in the hot tubs...it felt just warm to me.

Use some old or one that you don't care for swim suit....it can change colors if chlorine is present.

Wes

We are cruising on the Constellation in three weeks. ................

If she can go to the spa, wouldn't it be okay if she and her dh (and us) just wore our swimsuits with our cabin robe over them to the spa? It's just one deck above them, and two above us.

Thanks,

Shay

Hi again Shay,

I just looked through some of my last year's "Celebrity Today" - the daily paper and could not find the information.......but I am very sure that I have seen it somplace about the 'cabin robes'......they recommend them to be used in your cabin only......there will be people wearing them in other places for sure (I have seen that in past) and no one will say anything......but there will be smirks on some people's faces....do what you are comfortable with......I did not and won't do that (wear the robe in public places).

Wes

Wieslaw,

We looked at the layout of the ship. We would have to go down the hallway and then up two flights of stairs, just one flight for my dd and my sil, and we'd be at the spa. All without ever really going any place public except for the hallway and two flights of steps. We wouldn't even think about it except for trying to pack light.

Thanks,

Shay

I was in the Aquaspa pool in April and it is warm but just fine for a pregnant woman. It is like a warm bath but not over 98%. I swam in a heated pool when I was pregnant and my doctor said that was fine- he just didn't want me in anything warmer than body temperature- makes sense.

Have a wonderful cruise. You'll love the Constellation and the pool is free!

We've been on an M Class ship where the Thermal pool (Thalassatherapy sp?) was just as hot, or hotter, than the hot tubs nearby. So I wouldn't make any quick assumptions about the safety of the pools for a pregnant woman.

I suppose if she is concerned about it, and wants to go badly, she could ask her doc, or research, temperature safety thresholds - and then ask someone to check the pool temp or even take her own pool thermometer.

But in any event she should check out the pool temp herself in some way before deciding if it is right for her.

Have your daughter bring a pool thermomator with her. They can be purchased at any pool or hot tub store I am sure. That will give her peace of mind.

I traveled on the Norwegian Sky when I was seven months pregnant and loved floating in the outdoor pool- it was heated 98 degrees. I spent a lot of time there and my healthy baby boy is a born swimmer! He has loved swimming since he was born and is healthy in all regards. If that makes her feel any better.

Archived