time in tortola with Liberty

ginka

hi everyone,

First let me say what a great group you guys are...you have helped this research junkie immensly prior to each of my cruises!

confused tho- in reading all the posts about Tortola and the baths (which i desperatly want to do!) everyone talks about having to catch the 12:30 ferry back to the ship because the ship is only in port until 3pm. When looking at my itinerary for 3/31/07 sailing, it says tortola 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Did this change since everyone posted or is it just different on the Liberty? If I do indeed have until 6:00 pm, what time would I need to catch the ferry by if I am doing the baths on my own (not ALONE, just not booked with carnival).

ginka

188 and counting until Carnival Liberty 3/31/07:D

carnival victory

Grand Princess x 2

Golden Princess

Sea Princess

This past Feburary we were on the liberty and we left Tortola at 2pm also, but all along our itinerary said that was the scheduled time to leave..maybe they have extended the time there. We did the baths while we were there...it was wonderful!!! Can't wait to go back, because we did have to catch the 12:30 ferry back and we definately would have liked more time at the baths. Be sure and take snorkel gear with you there...it was great by others who did...we didn't have any and there wasn't anywhere to rent it at the baths...next time we go, we are taking our own with us. Maybe give Carnival a call to verify the time frame docked in Tortola...if you are lucky, it truly will be 6pm:D

thanks for all the info...

just looked online at my reservation and it does NOT list nassau. Looked back and in "fine print" it says the 3 certain sailings (mine 3/31 included) does not stop at nassau. So we do get to stay in tortola longer and get the extra day at sea which is fine with me!:)

Archived