What makes NCL so special?????

isujim

isujim, the food on the Spirit was good.... just a little bland (I'm from TX and love hot and spicy food though!). The only alcohol we had was 1 bottle of wine, so I can not comment on bar service or drink quality. The bar staff were always cheerful and helpful when I wanted a soda (using the soda card). The Spirit was like a new ship, even if it is a few years old. If you or anyone else in your party likes sushi, the sushi bar is great. They had the best yellow tail I have ever put in my mouth. In general I would cruise the Spirit again if the price and itinerary was right.... now I'd love to have my suite again, but I will never count on that happening ever again. The AB suites on the Spirit are unbelievable. Mine was 520 sq. ft. With a 120 sq ft balcony. Upgrades can be bought through the reaccomodations desk, so if y'all do sail her some of you may be able to get upgrades if you call 2-3 weeks prior to sailing.

Natalie

Natalie:

We saw your suite pictures and they did look wonderful.......we normally get a grand suite on RC or a mini suite........I have looked at the deck plan and it doesn't look like on the Spirit there is anything in between a full blown suite and the balcony cabin.......is this correct?

Jim

Geez... I'm not sure... we typically just book an oceanview stateroom and just got lucky enough to get an upgrade to a fabulous suite for very little $. We did notice there were other smaller suites on the sides that had jacuzzi tub and shower that had windows. Those did not have a half bath though! (Yeah, like we really needed a half bath!) I think there are different types of balcony rooms though. I say book the minimum you find acceptable, then call for an upgrade 2-3 weeks prior to sailing. We got our upgrade for a steal, so you never know. I do know other cruiselines do not upgrade, period, and that NCL is one of the few that you really can get good deals like that... If it were just a caribbean cruise we probably would not have gotten much out of the suite, as we are up on deck a lot when it is warm, but in Alaska, Randall spent most of the day when we were not in port on our balcony. We loved our butler, Maxi, too. Hopefully we can visit him in Bali when he retires from NCL.

Natalie

Thanks Natalie:

One of those things I'm learning about NCL.........Princess is very good on upgrades and RC is not..........do you mind sharing how much your upgrade cost??

Thanks for all your help.

Jim

WOW!! That is one heck of a deal.............guess it pays to call back a couple of weeks before sailing.........thanks for the tip and info.

Jim

Archived